Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to login Youtube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So despite the fact that I don't really have a ball playing in this game, I got curious and started digging around using google. And couldn't find anything definitive. The one thing that kept coming up was that maybe two factor authentification might be an issue. I have it turned on, and can log in fine. Do any of you that can't log in use 2FA? Just wondering if there's any correlation there.

So despite the fact that I don't really have a ball playing in this game, I got curious and started digging around using google. And couldn't find anything definitive. The one thing that kept coming up was that maybe two factor authentification might be an issue. I have it turned on, and can log in fine. Do any of you that can't log in use 2FA? Just wondering if there's any correlation there.

Tried it both ways, with/without 2FA. Still no luck.

Attachments

• 6F28AF37-8EF3-4787-933E-AAB4999F1265.jpeg
    6F28AF37-8EF3-4787-933E-AAB4999F1265.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: ZappCatt
Update: True to their word, Tesla pushed a new sw release to me. Downloaded/installed it and then rebooted. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve the issue. I spoke to support again and they are looking into why it’s not renewing the TLS certificate (if that is even the real issue). I’ll keep everyone updated as things progress.

I was able to login by going to another website that I use login with google. Specifically, I looked up Plex.tv on the YouTube app and logged in with google. Then when I went back to YouTube app, I was logged in.

thank you! I had the same problem and your solution worked for me. In my case I logged into Medium using my Google credentials and when I launched YouTube I was auto logged in. Before, i was unable to sign into google, something about an unsupported browser.

dang...I dont login into anything else with my google login..I hope they fix this.
Actually you don't have to.
I don't use Google to login to Plex. However I still opened the browser, went to Plex.tv and used the Google login.
It doesn't actually have to match an account on plex.
You can then close the browser and YouTube will have you logged-in. (Which means that Netflix and YouTube apps are just a browser window in fullscreen, not actual apps)

Even this site, which I just signed up for to post this, gives you the option to sign in/sign up using your Google ID. Do this in the browser on your Tesla, (sign in using Google), then open Youtube - you'll be signed in! I was skeptical too, but it worked for me!

Later I got a message from Google telling me a Linux browser used my account, which I accepted.

I got a response from the mobile service guys "This is not allowed in the web browser. Tesla has blocked certain sites and log in to keep your Tesla account secured."
Is this a way that Tesla is creating new revenue stream but making some streaming apps/sites a "platinum level" of connectivity service?!

I just had a chat session and they said...I found an article that matches your issue. It is called "Unable to sign into YouTube account due to Google security feature." Hmm, it says "the fix" is normal behavior due to Google security features. So, I don't believe we have a solution at this time. Sorry that my answer does not help get YouTube working.

That was it. Nice.