Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to purchase range upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to purchase a range upgrade for my 60D. So I logged on to my Tesla account page. I see TWO identical options for range upgrade. I click on "Buy" button and it takes me back to my account page. I have contacted Tesla customer service but have not heard back from them. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Thanks!

I wanted to purchase a range upgrade for my 60D. So I logged on to my Tesla account page. I see TWO identical options for range upgrade. I click on "Buy" button and it takes me back to my account page. I have contacted Tesla customer service but have not heard back from them. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Thanks!

Did they make 60 kWh that were not ever intended to be 75 upgradeable? You have the upgrade option on the screen, I would think you should be able to upgrade.

I would think you would have two, one to get from 60 to 70 and one to take you from 70 to 75kW. Maybe second one just takes you all the way from 60 to 75 in one shot. Not sure why its not working for you. Service should know and I would think Tesla wants your $$$. Good Luck.

I'm sure it's just a glitch. There probably are not that many still doing the upgrade, so the mechanism is probably rusty (and hey, it's still in beta anyway, no doubt ;)).

If you have a 60D, it should be upgradable. All of them are. One word of caution, though -- although you are nominally supposed to end up with 259 rated miles, you will quite probably not have anything near that. Your battery has degraded, and the upgrade will not make it "new", it will just quit hiding how old it is...

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
Did they make 60 kWh that were not ever intended to be 75 upgradeable? You have the upgrade option on the screen, I would think you should be able to upgrade.

I would think you would have two, one to get from 60 to 70 and one to take you from 70 to 75kW. Maybe second one just takes you all the way from 60 to 75 in one shot. Not sure why its not working for you. Service should know and I would think Tesla wants your $$$. Good Luck.

I don't believe there was ever an option to go from 60 to 70, at least there wasn't for me when I upgraded to 75. Also, aren't there model 60s out there from prior to 2016 that were not a configuration that could be upgraded (battery was truly 60kW)?

I don't believe there was ever an option to go from 60 to 70, at least there wasn't for me when I upgraded to 75. Also, aren't there model 60s out there from prior to 2016 that were not a configuration that could be upgraded (battery was truly 60kW)?

They will not be dual motor. All S60D are upgradeable. S60 only with new fascia can be upgraded. With old fascia cannot.

My MS started its life as a 70D(pretty sure it was a 60D upgradeable battery) was upgraded by Tesla itself to a 75D, I have two Monroneys, one is 70D and one is 75D both with the same VIN#.