Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to reach Tunein after 8.0 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favorites downloaded from my personal account, which seemed to work fine after logging in. I seem to recall being "semi" logged in before 8.0--I had logged in to this personal account a while ago but there were intermittent and ongoing issues with Tunein logins pre-8.0. It always seemed to maintain my account Favorites--it just sometimes had trouble refreshing. Hopefully some of those issues are fixed in 8.0.

Now if they would just add either USB searching or add back the USB letter directory!

Ben

I have not yet updated, but I am grateful for all of you who filed the complaints. It would be greatly inconvenient for me to lose it because my souse is, as am I, deeply addicted to "Otto's Baroque Muisick" that seems available only on Tunein in the Tesla. I could always play it from my iPhone but my spouse would rebel since the has it top on her preferences and she does not ever change it.

I have not yet updated, but I am grateful for all of you who filed the complaints. It would be greatly inconvenient for me to lose it because my souse is, as am I, deeply addicted to "Otto's Baroque Muisick" that seems available only on Tunein in the Tesla. I could always play it from my iPhone but my spouse would rebel since the has it top on her preferences and she does not ever change it.
Never piss off your wife. Life lesson.

I woke up this am to no 8.0 but all of my tunein saved stations were gone. Everything else radio wise was there. My headlights also wouldn't turn off (on auto) in full sun. rebooted but nothing changed. Could find my tunein stations in recently played and they worked, but had to re-add them.

I have the same issue with the headlights. I will report it if it does not go away..........

I havent tried to see if Tunein works for me today, but does it auto create an account for you or do you have to create one online?

Sorry folks, TuneIn is still broken for me this morning so the issue is not resolved for everyone. I'm continuing the dialog with ServiceHelpNA.

slazhole: neither of the services Tesla supports (Slacker or TuneIn) require you to create an account. The services should still work without one, however there's no way to pick up personal favorites you might have saved on the web for example.

My 8.0 updated Tesla model s still unable to reach TuneIn.

Does anyone know where the login screen for the account is? Used to be able to use a personal one from Settings under Apps. That is gone now.

The login screen moved to the TuneIn screen of the media player. Unfortunately, if you get the error about not being able to connect, the media player no longer shows the login options.

• Informative
Reactions: liuping
If it's because of what people are saying about TuneIn problems it seems to be fixed now based on this mornings reports.
By the way, thank you to those that reported this to Tesla via email yesterday. Seems to have helped.
Not working for me at least partially. If you click the TuneIn tab it spins forever. If you click some favorites, it may play or it will go in to the endless spin cycle.

I have similar issue with Slacker. I tried to enter in my @teslamotors.com credentials and it just kept spinning. I went to another tab then web back to Slacker and I'm able to play again but I assume it doesn't have information like your songs that you gave thumbs up to.

Not working for me at least partially. If you click the TuneIn tab it spins forever. If you click some favorites, it may play or it will go in to the endless spin cycle.

I have similar issue with Slacker. I tried to enter in my @teslamotors.com credentials and it just kept spinning. I went to another tab then web back to Slacker and I'm able to play again but I assume it doesn't have information like your songs that you gave thumbs up to.
Report it.

Reactions: Beryl
Sorry folks, TuneIn is still broken for me this morning so the issue is not resolved for everyone. I'm continuing the dialog with ServiceHelpNA.

slazhole: neither of the services Tesla supports (Slacker or TuneIn) require you to create an account. The services should still work without one, however there's no way to pick up personal favorites you might have saved on the web for example.
Tunein is still not working for me. I brought this up to ServiceHelpNA.

As for Slacker - this works for me, but when I scroll down to the bottom, I see the login screen. There was an option to use My Tesla Account - when I clicked on it, the screen would load and refresh, but I still wasn't logged in. Is this an issue for anyone else?

BTW - I just picked up the car on Friday, so I am new to Slacker and Tunein.

Tunein is still not working for me. I brought this up to ServiceHelpNA.

As for Slacker - this works for me, but when I scroll down to the bottom, I see the login screen. There was an option to use My Tesla Account - when I clicked on it, the screen would load and refresh, but I still wasn't logged in. Is this an issue for anyone else?

BTW - I just picked up the car on Friday, so I am new to Slacker and Tunein.

The login you can (optionally) use for Slacker is one you create at slacker.com. It is not your My Tesla login.