Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to reach Tunein after 8.0 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I did the 8.0 update, but it seems I can no longer connect to Tunein. I get a message after the arrow spins for a while saying "Unable to reach Tunein. Try again later".

I can connect to Slacker/Streaming Music, all other network connections are fine. The login to Tunein button is not available either (the login button is available on streaming music). I've tried the screen reboot, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Ben

Reactions: markn455
Hi all

I did the 8.0 update, but it seems I can no longer connect to Tunein. I get a message after the arrow spins for a while saying "Unable to reach Tunein. Try again later".

I can connect to Slacker/Streaming Music, all other network connections are fine. The login to Tunein button is not available either (the login button is available on streaming music). I've tried the screen reboot, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Ben
I am having similar issues. After the update to 8.0, I tap Tunein and it's just spinning. I don't even get the login button.

The problem with ServiceHelpNA (I keep thinking the NA means Not Available) is it seems really aimed at car service as in the physical car. Trying to get help on the software in the car is about as easy as contacting Google for help with a gmail problem.

All these reports of the media player app being not so hot as Elon made it out to be is giving me a lot of pause in terms of installing 8.0 (if Tesla ever gets around to offering it to a lowly classic 2013 pre-everything Model S).

I use TuneIn A TON, and if there are glitches in 8.0 for TuneIn, I'm staying away.

The problem with ServiceHelpNA (I keep thinking the NA means Not Available) is it seems really aimed at car service as in the physical car. Trying to get help on the software in the car is about as easy as contacting Google for help with a gmail problem.

All these reports of the media player app being not so hot as Elon made it out to be is giving me a lot of pause in terms of installing 8.0 (if Tesla ever gets around to offering it to a lowly classic 2013 pre-everything Model S).

I use TuneIn A TON, and if there are glitches in 8.0 for TuneIn, I'm staying away.
Nah, these emails get to both the users SvC and Corporate and opens a problem ticket. Like you I use TuneIn a lot and it will help if they fix it before we get 8.0. No what I mean? ;)

Yes this is the same with 7.xxx. Once you log out of Tunein, it seems to remember what you've already saved under your user ID but you can't log in again. It is an odd glitch.
Someone earlier confirmed they could log in to TuneIn with their personal ID and their favorites moved over in 8.0 so this might be a temporary issue on TuneIn's side.

As of this morning, Tunein is working again. I was also able to log in to a personal account. I had heard back from my email to ServiceHelpNA but mainly to ask me a couple of questions. Perhaps they forwarded the issue and fixed something.

Also, it seems they may have fixed the "High bandwidth required" issue with many podcasts, as I was able to stream a podcast that never worked unless on Wifi or full LTE strength today.

Ben

I woke up this am to no 8.0 but all of my tunein saved stations were gone. Everything else radio wise was there. My headlights also wouldn't turn off (on auto) in full sun. rebooted but nothing changed. Could find my tunein stations in recently played and they worked, but had to re-add them.

I wonder if it makes a difference whether you first go on the web using a computer and log into TuneIn and create a list of favorites that way then log in to TuneIn in the car, vs, simply adding favorites via the Tesla interface.

Me, I did it the former way.

All these reports still have me thinking to hold off upgrading to 8.0 should they ever offer it to me :)

I wonder if it makes a difference whether you first go on the web using a computer and log into TuneIn and create a list of favorites that way then log in to TuneIn in the car, vs, simply adding favorites via the Tesla interface.

Me, I did it the former way.

All these reports still have me thinking to hold off upgrading to 8.0 should they ever offer it to me :)
If it's because of what people are saying about TuneIn problems it seems to be fixed now based on this mornings reports.
By the way, thank you to those that reported this to Tesla via email yesterday. Seems to have helped.