Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to remove my charge cable while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me on my Model 3 in mid-February. I spent several hours talking to Tesla support, pulling the emergency release in the trunk, rebooting the car and nothing worked. I had to abandon my seven-week old car and was not near home. Support told me they would send me an Uber code good for $100 to use to get to where I was staying. I never received the code. It didn't matter because Uber & Lyft don't operate in the county where I was stranded. Ended up getting a taxi just before the driver was finishing for the night to take me about 6 miles to where I was staying that night. So four hours after the car finished charging I was able to check in to the place I was staying. Service personnel somehow released the cable early the next morning. They were supposed to contact me, but never did. I found out that the car was ready to drive again after I called support again the next morning. They told me that they would look into reimbursing me for the $32 I spent to go back and forth to the car, but I'm still waiting for that three months later.