TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unable to Select .jpeg Files

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by swaltner, May 20, 2019.

1. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

On a Mac using Safari 12.1.1 on the current version of macOS, I was unable to upload a couple .jpeg files using the "Upload an Image/File" button. I needed to rename the files from .jpeg to .jpg and then try the upload to get it to succeed. I'm guessing you do that to limit the type of attachments that people include in their posts.

Please add .jpeg to the valid list of file extensions that can be uploaded.

I also tried attaching a .mov file to the thread about TeslaWinds.com, but that didn't work either. I guess we need to host videos on YouTube or something like that because TMC (somewhat understandably) doesn't want to pay hosting fees on (potentially) very large video files. If that wasn't a conscious decision, and one can post brief video files in other formats, it would be nice if QuickTime .mov files were added to the list of acceptable file extensions.