Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to sign into app or Tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new car today so was at Tesla in Manchester Uk. There servers where down there too and they said they have no idea what’s going on. This was 18.00 GMT. I left at 19.00 and they said they where still down.

The phone app does not use Bluetooth. It communicates with the Fremont servers. And then your car is connected to Fremont. If the Fremont Tesla servers are down, then you are out of luck using the phone app to unlock your car or for that matter any app functions. For Model S/X the key fob will still work and for Models 3/Y the key card will still work. They communicate independently with the vehicle; not using Bluetooth.

• Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D
The phone app does not use Bluetooth. It communicates with the Fremont servers. And then your car is connected to Fremont. If the Fremont Tesla servers are down, then you are out of luck using the phone app to unlock your car or for that matter any app functions. For Model S/X the key fob will still work and for Models 3/Y the key card will still work. They communicate independently with the vehicle; not using Bluetooth.
That’s not true. Tesla network may be down and bluetooth still works to unlock your 3 or Y. I have experienced this before.