Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Unable to start update. Try again later"

singleview

Aug 10, 2016
Pittsburgh
Have anyone experienced this error message?

I have an alert to update to 2019.36.2.1, and have been trying to do this for days. But every attempt fails, and I get an error message that simply reads: "Unable to start update. Try again later".

I am currently on 2019.32.12.7.

Any suggestions??

Jul 13, 2018
Boston
I had some issues with the last update. I was trying to initiate the software update via the Tesla mobile app but continued to fail. I think it was due to sentry mode being enabled. I disabled it directly from the car and initiated the then update from the car and it worked.

Hugh Mannity

Mediocre Member
Jul 31, 2014
Calgary, AB
Have anyone experienced this error message?

I have an alert to update to 2019.36.2.1, and have been trying to do this for days. But every attempt fails, and I get an error message that simply reads: "Unable to start update. Try again later".

I am currently on 2019.32.12.7.

Any suggestions??

Have you done the two finger salute? My car has done this a couple times and a reboot got it out of hoc

singleview

Aug 10, 2016
Pittsburgh
I had some issues with the last update. I was trying to initiate the software update via the Tesla mobile app but continued to fail. I think it was due to sentry mode being enabled. I disabled it directly from the car and initiated the then update from the car and it worked.
Thank you - - tried that, and did not work. : /

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC