Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to subscribe to premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just got a M3P a couple months ago and while I had the trial premium connectivity there was an option for an annual renewal. Once the trial expired there were no option for any subscription for premium connectivity. Service tried and couldn't figure it out so they had me email owner experience, but still haven't heard anything back. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? I also can't even get the mobile hotspot to connect. Sometimes it'll connect for a few seconds and then disconnect. When trying to connect it I keep getting the unable to obtain IP address error. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I am encountering a similar issue in that, though based in the UK, my upgrades and subscriptions are showing in app presented in USD rather than GBP. I called Tesla today after trying every darn thing to correct it to no avail. They told me that I had a country code discrepancy in my account and they'd resolved it. Told me it would take up to 1hr to filter through. We're now 5hrs on from that and I still can't purchase premium connectivity because every time I try, it pushes me through to a page for Billing Details that allows me to change everything on it with the exception of my country which is locked to US.

Bloody annoying.

got the link through Inbox subscribed to premium for year . No confirmation
no charges . The the route through upgrades has no selection for yearly subscribtion and does not verify your subscription either. This app is very frustrating. Definatly not user friendly or designed for two way communication.
I would thing a service like this would just use your method of payment on file.

I am encountering a similar issue in that, though based in the UK, my upgrades and subscriptions are showing in app presented in USD rather than GBP. I called Tesla today after trying every darn thing to correct it to no avail. They told me that I had a country code discrepancy in my account and they'd resolved it. Told me it would take up to 1hr to filter through. We're now 5hrs on from that and I still can't purchase premium connectivity because every time I try, it pushes me through to a page for Billing Details that allows me to change everything on it with the exception of my country which is locked to US.

Bloody annoying.
I have the same issue! Did you get a fix?

When I got my car they kept bugging me to sign up , but when I would try
there would be no feedback . Finally on the day it expired and I tried again
it allowed the charge to go through. I think this is a case of lame software.
Also wish I could delete all the garbage regrading this that accumulated in the Inbox. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete it . Anybody got any idea's of how.

I have the same issue! Did you get a fix?
I did. Eventually. The issue seemed to be that when I first made a Tesla account, way back when, it was via the Tesla.com website. This gave me no problems logging into to Tesla GB, but meant that my region was geolocked to the US. Therefore, when I bought my second hand M3 and signed into my Tesla account on Tesla GB, it assumed that my car was a US car and set it up that way.

The first call I made to Tesla support sounded like the agent had fixed the issue - she said it would resolve in an hour or two, but I had zero success after those hours passed. A second call put me in touch with someone who clearly knew their onions and they basically deregistered my car as a US car, and re-added it as a GB car. It basically ended up looking like a change of ownership or something of that nature. This isn't something you're going to be able to resolve via an app, it WILL require a phone call to Tesla and a few minutes of your time to explain the issue.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Yep communication is very one way with them .
I also had the problem that my area doesn't have a outlet
even though I am 40 miles from the Fremont plant .
So whenever I would call I would get routed to Monteray
even though I am in Santa Cruz and wanted to talk to the
people I had been dealing with in San Jose. They had me going
to Gilroy for pick up but when you would call there supposed
direct number you couldn't get a hold of anybody. Finally found
I had to drive direct to the places I was dealing with to
talk to them. Proved the the guy at Gilroy that if I dialed direct
the call never got to him.