Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I have my car pinched in the garage, I was unable to convince the car in via Summon, had to pull in myself.

Now I go to the Summon screen on the App and sit there for a long time w/o ever seeing the buttons for forward and back appearing. When I give up and hit the back (<) button I see the error:

IMG_3696.jpg

Proximity sensor on my PHONE?? Is it saying the sensors on the car are too close to objects? Odd way to say it. When I pull the car back out summon works OK, though it still won't pull back in. 18.24.7

-Randy

It’s talking about the sensor on your phone that turns off the display when you hold the phone up to your ear. I’ve seen that error a couple times, but I just keep trying and eventually it lets everything work.

I’ve also had a few instances where it loses connection between the phone and the car in the middle of a summon command and stops the car. I think there is some sort of internet handshake that happens in order for everything to work.

I've had a problem with summon on and off since I got the car 2 weeks ago. Yesterday, I was trying in use summon and it wasn't working. I checked my iPhone and noticed that WiFi was turned off. As soon as I turned it on again, summon worked perfectly. I had thought it worked with Bluetooth.

Lucy is at her first SC slumber party. Summon worked brilliantly for about seven days and then error messages about being too far away. While there the tech ran through a few checks...Phone is connected, car knows where it’s at, location services enabled for app. SC says mine is the first Summon issue with a 3 they’ve had. Keeping her for weekend, checking logs. Without me and my phone there though I think troubleshooting is tricky. Think it’ll be an update and crossing of fingers.