TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unable to unlock via phone after MCU replacement

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sku100, Jul 29, 2018.

1. sku100

sku100 Member

Recently my AP2 90D center screen would not come on, or reboot. The MCU and screen (had the yellow line around the edge) were replaced under warranty. Now I can't unlock the car or open the trunk via the app, but sunroof will still vent and close. I have checked every setting I can think of and still cannot fix this. Any ideas? Back to the Service Center?

2. sku100

sku100 Member

In TeslaFi i get:

"CSRF check failed. Your form session may have expired, or you may not have cookies enabled."

It will still honk the horn and flash the lights, but not unlock the doors or turn the AC on.

3. Atlantan

Atlantan Car Obsessed

Same here, after MCU replacement can't unlock car using iPhone App. Will be taking it in for annual service soon and will report it to the service advisor.

Hey, Olathe is my old stomping ground...college and business school.

Cheers

• Like x 1
  4. appleguru

appleguru Member

Try resetting your tesla password if you haven’t already.

• Like x 1
  5. Atlantan

Atlantan Car Obsessed

Thanks for the suggestion...password reset gave same results. App prompts me with are you sure....sends the signal, but car doesn't unlock, or trunk doesn't open.

• Like x 1
  6. sku100

sku100 Member

Unfortunately, that didn't help. I noticed today that if I send "Lock" from my phone the lights flash but the doors don't lock. The car is clearly receiving the signal, but does not want to lock or unlock the doors. I looked at all the controls and settings again, I can't figure out what's not set correctly

7. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

I had these issues after screen replacement.
    It is due to new software enforcing rules about the MCU number. You need a tech or engineer to login to the car (plug their laptop in) and update the car to recognize the new screen security. It took about 5 minutes and everything worked great for me. Try keyless driving and it won't work either.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  8. sku100

sku100 Member

Follow up:
    I called the service center. It took them about a week, but they fixed the problem remotely.
    The app is working normally again.

• Like x 1