TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Unable to Update Software

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Zybd1201, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Zybd1201

Zybd1201 Member

Has anyone seen this warning before? My care has been trying to do a software update for 3-4 days now and every morning I get in the car it has this warning.

[​IMG]

2. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Interesting, I have the opposite problem, I have had my Model X for 4 months and have never received a software/firmware update notification, not one. The service center, which is 1.5 hrs away, is happy to update at the SC, but what a pain.

• Informative x 1
  3. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

In case you've not found it already here's where you can find an unofficial list of updates: http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1

The great majority are very minor tweaks that most cars never receive. However when a major update comes out most everyone gets that.

• Helpful x 1
  4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Wow, that is very helpful, thanks!

According to the site we are behind by 7 updates. We are currently at version 7.1 2.26.150

There is supposed to be a little clock icon that shows up on the main panel when there is an update and in four months that clock has never been illuminated.

5. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Happy to help.

My most recent update was done at the service center when I had the car in for another matter. There had been 9 updates since I was last updated. It's been a few days now and despite in effect receiving 9 updates all at once I've noticed no changes in the car's performance or operation. So, like I say, most are just little tweaks.

6. CzTom

CzTom Member

Just last week, my car stopped updating google maps and traffic, so I called the service center and told them I thought I needed an update to get the new API for google maps. They looked up my car and confirmed I needed an update, so they called Fremont to have the latest update pushed to my car that night. A couple hours later, my car gets the update and I once again have google maps updating.
    You may want to try the same approach...

• Helpful x 1
  7. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

8. RYCO

RYCO Member

9. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I would try rebooting the both the IC and the Center Console and see if that doesn't work.

10. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Member

Another firmware update this week and my car got nothing. So far 4 months without any update notifications.... grrrr.