TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unable to Update Software

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Zybd1201, Aug 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zybd1201

Zybd1201 Member

Has anyone seen this warning before? My care has been trying to do a software update for 3-4 days now and every morning I get in the car it has this warning.

[​IMG]

2. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Interesting, I have the opposite problem, I have had my Model X for 4 months and have never received a software/firmware update notification, not one. The service center, which is 1.5 hrs away, is happy to update at the SC, but what a pain.

• Informative x 1
  3. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

In case you've not found it already here's where you can find an unofficial list of updates: http://ev-fw.com/track-reports.php?ver=7.1

The great majority are very minor tweaks that most cars never receive. However when a major update comes out most everyone gets that.

• Helpful x 1
  4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Wow, that is very helpful, thanks!

According to the site we are behind by 7 updates. We are currently at version 7.1 2.26.150

There is supposed to be a little clock icon that shows up on the main panel when there is an update and in four months that clock has never been illuminated.

5. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Happy to help.

My most recent update was done at the service center when I had the car in for another matter. There had been 9 updates since I was last updated. It's been a few days now and despite in effect receiving 9 updates all at once I've noticed no changes in the car's performance or operation. So, like I say, most are just little tweaks.

6. CzTom

CzTom Member

Just last week, my car stopped updating google maps and traffic, so I called the service center and told them I thought I needed an update to get the new API for google maps. They looked up my car and confirmed I needed an update, so they called Fremont to have the latest update pushed to my car that night. A couple hours later, my car gets the update and I once again have google maps updating.
    You may want to try the same approach...

• Helpful x 1
  7. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

8. RYCO

RYCO Member

9. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I would try rebooting the both the IC and the Center Console and see if that doesn't work.

10. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Another firmware update this week and my car got nothing. So far 4 months without any update notifications.... grrrr.