TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Unable to upgrade, weird firmware version?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zzsf, Aug 20, 2017.

1. zzsf

zzsf Member

Picked up my X last week and had a firmware update notification since I got it. Still haven't been able to update it successfully manually or scheduled. Have also tried resetting a couple of times. Called support and they said the repushed the update but still nothing after several days. I guess I will have to bring the car in?

However, checked the actual version, 2017.28.6 0e580fe, and don't see it on any of the Tesla trackers. Is that normal and would've thought the updated the car before pickup?

2. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

I would not worry about "2017.28.6 0e580fe" since it's just a rare one apparently.

When you do the manual firmwaree update the and 2 minute times goes to 0, what happens?

3. zzsf

zzsf Member

Goes to updating and then after a minute or 2, get the failure message and try again later.

4. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

hm, a minute or two is real fast, I guess they do need to peek at the logs then to see why is it failing.

5. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Dumb question: you’re not sitting in the car poking at it or opening and closing the door during the update, right?

I’ve found that opening the door shortly after the 2 minute timer expires results in being told the update failed.

6. zzsf

zzsf Member

I have sat there with door closed, done the evacuation, and let it do its nightly update, all get the same failure message.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Weird you're getting a release four weeks old... (week 32 (last week) is starting to roll out...), and if you've rebooted and still no luck, I bet the SC is going to have to get involved, unfortunately. Could be a corrupted image, I think we've seen a couple of those that can't be fixed on their 'own'.

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Just a tip: if you repeatedly tap on the timer it drops straight to zero seconds.
    Save you a bit of time if you're trying again and again...

• Helpful x 1