Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to wake up my Y after 2021.12.25.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RickB1954

Sep 14, 2020
CA
Recently through the cell phone app, I initiated the install of the 2021.12.25.6 update. My Y is garaged in CA for the summer, we are on the East Coast. I rely on the mobile app to install updates, monitor charging and monitor the car/garage temperature while away. After initiating the update from the app, I am no longer able to "wake up" my Y. The bottom of the screen just continually states "waking up" . There is no issue with wifi as other apps (house security, cameras, etc) are all working fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm suffering separation anxiety.

could not wake mine after the update this morning. I was having problems waking up the car all week even when right next to it. I went to the garage and the car woke up and seems to be ok now. Doesn't help in your California situation, but maybe someone could wake it manually for you?

Upvote 0
I've been having the same issue off and on for the last few weeks. The only thing that seems to work for me is to hit the door unlock/lock button on the main screen on my phone. My car seems to respond and wake up whenever I do this. Not sure if you've tried that.....

Reactions: 101dals
Upvote 0
I actually have a service appointment open for the same issue (been having issues for the last week is so) and have been messaging back and forth with a tech over the last few days. They had me change my password, wanted me to stop using the watch app as well. I made it through the day yesterday without an issue waking from sleep, but it sure seems slower than usual. Maybe it’s a server side issue?

Reactions: 101dals
Upvote 0
just curious - is there a reason you do remote installs when you dont have local access to the device?

seems awefully trusting.

like having a server do an upgrade but not having a KVM and controllable power strip for real remote access.

keeping it on charge is good. I dont suggest doing remote updates. sometimes things need local 'kicking' and if you cant do that, you really should not upgrade.

Upvote 0
Seems to be the tesla app. The car does wake up, but the app keeps the “waking up” message on the bottom and does not update the battery status.

If you go to “settings” and back (the cog icon), the waking up message will clear and the display will update with battery info

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
Same behavior on 2021.4.18.11. Started happening after the latest iOS update it seems. The Watch app is also failing to execute commands more often now and just gets hung up a lot. Not to mention all kinds of disconnecting issue with my AirPods. Geez APPLE!!!.. these updates are supposed to make things better. Not fix something that ain't broken! :oops:

Upvote 0
I’m on 2021.4.18.2. I am having the same issue. Doesn't matter what I use to wake it up, Tesla app, Watch app, Stats app, none work most of the time. It has been happening for some time. I don't think it is an Apple issue.

I used the BT unlock to get it to wake up when it first started happening. If I do have a scheduled departure, it wakes up fine for that.

Upvote 0
I’m on 2021.4.18.2. I am having the same issue. Doesn't matter what I use to wake it up, Tesla app, Watch app, Stats app, none work most of the time. It has been happening for some time. I don't think it is an Apple issue.

I used the BT unlock to get it to wake up when it first started happening. If I do have a scheduled departure, it wakes up fine for that.
Hmmm... Interesting... Weird coincidence? Perhaps it is something on the server side at Tesla then. When it works, it's great but a PITA when it does not because we become so codependent on these features o_O

Upvote 0
Seems to be the tesla app. The car does wake up, but the app keeps the “waking up” message on the bottom and does not update the battery status.

If you go to “settings” and back (the cog icon), the waking up message will clear and the display will update with battery info

yep, the “Setting” and back instantly worked… on my iPad, Tesla app 3.10.14,iPad IOS 14.6.

It used to get stuck on my iPhone and on mainly the Model Y, but some of the time on the Model 3…

Upvote 0
Hmmm... Interesting... Weird coincidence? Perhaps it is something on the server side at Tesla then. When it works, it's great but a PITA when it does not because we become so codependent on these features o_O
Clearly first world problems at play. It is really inconvenient though when I want go cool the car off before going anywhere. Car temp was 130F and I was on my way home on my motorcycle and couldn't access it. I wanted it cooled off before I got home while plugged in as I had to leave immediately. So ended up using the battery to cool it down rather than shore power so to speak.

Upvote 0
Same behavior on 2021.4.18.11. Started happening after the latest iOS update it seems. The Watch app is also failing to execute commands more often now and just gets hung up a lot. Not to mention all kinds of disconnecting issue with my AirPods. Geez APPLE!!!.. these updates are supposed to make things better. Not fix something that ain't broken! :oops:
Do you have the iPhone 12? If not, then their update to make your iPhone less functional so you upgrade to the 12 is working just fine :)

Keith

Upvote 0
Just started seeing this too.

Not sure if it's the same issue, but cannot wake our MY which is parked at the airport for the last 5 days. We could wake it for the first two days.

Not sure if there are any other ways besides being near the car to get it to respond.

Upvote 0
Following up, the car woke up last night and it was able to be controlled via the app.

There may be something happening with deep sleep + airport parking. Maybe lock/ unlock remotely, which I started doing and hadn't done before, can put it into deep sleep.

I hadn't seen multiday unable to access it before, and have gone really long times (multiple months) with the car only accessible via app.
- seeing the same behavior again today with being unable to access it.

Upvote 0