Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unannounced Supercharger Construction at Wawa in Bensalem, PA???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped for lunch at Wawa in Bensalem, PA this afternoon and noticed that they had a portion of the parking lot roped off for construction, including 6 posts (presumably for signage), 6 PVC stubs (presumably for power), and white Square D cabinets off to the side that all looked suspiciously like an EV charging install.

A quick look online shows no indication of this site as part of the "coming soon" Supercharger roll-out, but the location is very convenient to the PA Turnpike/Rt 1 and Wawa has committed to doubling the number of Superchargers at its stores.

I will try to grab a picture and post it for confirmation from the experts, but is there any precedent to construction starting on an "unannounced" location?

Reactions: mociaf9
I will try to grab a picture and post it for confirmation from the experts, but is there any precedent to construction starting on an "unannounced" location?
Yes, absolutely.

For the pictures, also be sure to take some of any areas that have clusters of conduit stubs where the equipment pads will go and photos of any cabinets on site. TIA.

There have even been sites that we found when Tesla turned the power on and registered them in the car's systems. Supercharge.info is very much crowd sourced, and how quickly things end up there depends on how well folks around the new Supercharger figure things out.

Usually the county or township has a website that allows folks to pull the permit for construction if they know where to look...

Thanks to all for the historical perspective. Really hoping this is what it looks like.

I started a parallel thread in the Mid-Atlantic TMC forum and put up some pictures. Looks like it passed muster with Supercharge.info as they have a new pin dot for Bensalem under construction.

Here is the link to the TMC Mid-Atlantic thread and will continue to update progress over there.

Unannounced Supercharger Construction at Wawa in Bensalem, PA???

Stopped by and these are the only notable changes I guess compared to the last pictures. No branding anywhere that I could see to confirm tesla or not for sure.

Attachments

• 20191116_165921.jpg
    20191116_165921.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 20191116_165928.jpg
    20191116_165928.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 70