Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bensalem, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that is a Tesla site. I would guess Electrify America as noted above. The template for the main pad and the lack of precast Tesla pedestal bases don't look right. Old school contractor still forming pads? Custom template for Peco?

To me all the Tesla sites have looked the same with the exception of the Urban charging sites. So I could be wrong but I have not seen a Urban site with Pad mount either. they have typically been in parking garages.

I had just added about a Sheetz in South Riding that has 4 charging stalls and the pads are huge compared to Tesla. I think that one is Electrify America.

From the picture I see conduit for two cabinets and 8 stalls. That implies V3. Can anyone confirm or deny?

@Reddy Kilowatt You could be right...but, man I hope you’re wrong!

More recon tomorrow...

I might be wrong, look at the picture of the Ocean city site and they appear to be the same. field poured Pedestals. This may just be an old school contractor using templates that I had not seen before.

Supercharger - Ocean City, MD

OC is two chargers and 8 stalls same as this site. I may have to say it is a Tesla site. Keep us posted.

I was thinking the same thing re: conduit for 2 cabinets and 8 stalls.

In my quick research, it has a similar layout to this picture from the Fremont v3 site...Fingers crossed!

I will see if I can get a comparable picture from the Bensalem progress to compare and contrast.
139E71F2-00A6-4C94-BF72-86705EA45E2A.jpeg

Yes, it's definitely a Tesla supercharger and it'll definitely be V3. That metal form around the conduits is one of the ones used to ensure the conduits are in the right place for the V3 cabinets. For example, you can also see it was used at the Scotts Valley, CA location (look at the conduit group on the left):
[PICTURE NOT FROM THE BENSALEM LOCATION]
img_6217-left-c-jpg.468031

[/PICTURE NOT FROM BENSALEM]

Yes, it's definitely a Tesla supercharger and it'll definitely be V3. That metal form around the conduits is one of the ones used to ensure the conduits are in the right place for the V3 cabinets. For example, you can also see it was used at the Scotts Valley, CA location (look at the conduit group on the left):

Now that I can see that template I would agree that is Tesla for sure.

Great catch on the metal form...That’s exactly what it is.

i stopped by today, but the electricians were actively wiring up the panel and disconnect in the box that is off to the side, so I couldn’t get a picture.

They did pour concrete...All 8 pedestal bases were poured, as well as the pad for the cabinets with 2 clear bundles of conduit stubbed up from the pad, very similar to the Scotts Valley picture above.

Very excited for the prospect of a V3 charger, even if my lowly, classic S85 won’t ever get to enjoy its full power.

Reactions: vdiv
Ok...Quick update on the site progress.

Here is the concrete pad for the cabinets and the adjacent panel/boxes/disconnect. Again, you can see the 2 bundles of conduit stubbed up.

Other than that, just putting back the dirt that was dug out for conduit runs
5465F59C-29DF-4BD7-A652-7B0C4B166C45.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv
Ooh this is exciting, I've been wanting to get a tesla but I'm not sure if its possible for me to charge at home. This makes the dream a bit more feasible. I'm wondering if I should take the dive if the only places to charge for me would be: this, franklin mills EVGo, and my parents house.

Ooh this is exciting, I've been wanting to get a tesla but I'm not sure if its possible for me to charge at home. This makes the dream a bit more feasible. I'm wondering if I should take the dive if the only places to charge for me would be: this, franklin mills EVGo, and my parents house.

For what its worth, I live in a condo with no home charging and I am totally fine with an LR 3. My avg daily driving is only like 15 miles though. I plug in at L2 chargers, chadamo at Electrify America or supercharge when I can. Max time spent per week waiting is no more than 1 hour in the dead of winter, much less in summer. I watch youtube in the car which is what I would be doing at home anyway.

For what its worth, I live in a condo with no home charging and I am totally fine with an LR 3. My avg daily driving is only like 15 miles though. I plug in at L2 chargers, chadamo at Electrify America or supercharge when I can. Max time spent per week waiting is no more than 1 hour in the dead of winter, much less in summer. I watch youtube in the car which is what I would be doing at home anyway.

Not to clutter this topic too much, but I got the model 3 + home charging. I think i would hate having a model 3 without home charging to be honest. Seems that in the winter I just lose so much battery.

But I am hoping that his is a v3 charger! Seems silly to put in a v2.

Not to clutter this topic too much, but I got the model 3 + home charging. I think i would hate having a model 3 without home charging to be honest. Seems that in the winter I just lose so much battery.

But I am hoping that his is a v3 charger! Seems silly to put in a v2.

I gave a pretty good accounting of my situation there... I’m sure it doesn’t work if you drive a lot each day but it’s totally easily manageable if not.