Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unannounced supercharger price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone

I wanted to post here to confirm some thing I noticed this morning. While going to supercharge at my local supercharger, I noticed that the price of supercharging went up from $0.28 —> $0.36 per kWh (Palm Springs).

upon further investigation, it looks like this is not the only supercharger I’ve used that is more expensive. It looks like prices for supercharging all across Southern California or more expensive than the prices I had paid in the past month according to my bill. I tried to search for any announcements, but I don’t think I’ve seen any. Anyone know what’s going on? It’s a pretty large increase and I’m surprised there’s no announcement.

Thanks everyone!

Gas stations also never sold car owners on providing fuel "at-cost" and below the cost of gasoline. That was Tesla.

By me electricity rates keep going up each year, Tesla keeps building more Superchargers and has to maintain an ever-expanding number of Superchargers We cannot expect Supercharging to impact the profits of the company. The cost to support this infrastructure must be borne by its users or else Tesla Superchargers cannot continue to exists.

I predict Supercharging prices will continue to increase and will get close to the $0.43/kwH that Electrify America changes.

Reactions: Danny Brown
We had a nationwide increase in Australia on Oct16.

From A$0.42/kWh to A$0.52/kWh (up 24%) Inc our 10% GST

Equivalent to USD $0.345/kWh before taxes.

The main competing CCS2 network (Chargefox) (which we can use without adapter) is now cheaper.

Also unannounced. And Tesla has been very poor on the supercharger front recently - only adding 3 sites and removing 1 in the past 18 months.

Tesla discreetly raises price of Supercharging by almost 25 per cent in Australia | CarAdvice