Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unapologetic and irreverent about car deficiencies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S(2014) has had an upholstery issue (near the driver window, the lining comes out of the rubber seal). Took it in twice and I was told this is "common" and cannot be fixed. Windows and door latches fail - same thing. The fact that is common is supposed to make it ok?

Now new Model X. The tow device is not well aligned. Again, we are told this is in "all model Xs" (as if that made it ok!) and cannot be fixed.

For a company selling $100k cars, their lack of attention to issues like that is hard to believe. Lucky for Tesla, we love the cars, but the company attitude and customer service will take them down once a competitive electric car comes along.

My 2017 S90D has fair bit of wind noise coming from driver's window and I have an appointment scheduled on Friday for it. The service center told me that I would have to drive with their technician as a passenger to highlight the issue. I'm worried that even though this is a known issue, the noise may not be as audible as if one was sitting in the driver's seat and they may possibly dismiss it as nothing problematic.

Last edited:
My 2017 S90D has fair bit of wind noise coming from driver's window and I have an appointment scheduled on Friday for it. The service center told me that I would have to drive with their repairman as a passenger to highlight the issue. I'm worried that even though this is a known issue, the noise may not be as audible as if one was sitting in the driver's seat and they may possibly dismiss it as nothing problematic.
Nah, I had a weird dash rattle on my car a few months in (well this was over 2 years ago). They told me the same thing back then. I drove with the tech, and I couldn't replicate it (it happened at a certain speed). He started knocking on various parts of the dash trying to see if it sounded like what I previously heard, he found the spot pretty quickly (the fix was simple, but some felt between the dash and whatever it touched).

They know the spots that make the noise most often, and even if you can't replicate it, they'll try to help you find it.

• Helpful
Reactions: futurem3owner
My 2017 S90D has fair bit of wind noise coming from driver's window and I have an appointment scheduled on Friday for it. The service center told me that I would have to drive with their technician as a passenger to highlight the issue. I'm worried that even though this is a known issue, the noise may not be as audible as if one was sitting in the driver's seat and they may possibly dismiss it as nothing problematic.

My 2015 had the same issue but on the passenger side, either way, the tech drove with me and asked me questions about what I was hearing and where from and compared that to what he was hearing and where it was from and we were collaboratively able to agree on the issue and location, and then Tesla fixed it.

Jeff