Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unattended destination charger not for FindUs map?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Was thinking about getting set of chargers installed at or near the town marina but site doesn't meet the criteria to be listed on the Find Us map and in the car since there are no regular staffed hours. The town docks, the local yacht club, and a commercial outdoor playground area all use the same parking access but none have regular duty staff (except for a part time harbormaster on the weekends). Tesla confirmed their listing criteria are strictly followed. Anyone else have a destination charger open to the public that they could not get on the map?
Source: Host Commercial Charging
To qualify for listing on Tesla’s Find Us map and Trip Planner, you must have regular business hours, the ability to accommodate the public with goods and services and have full-time employees on site during those hours.

I'm not sure I'd care if your site was on the Tesla's find us map. I'd forgotten it existed, and if I'm going on a trip I'll probably use plugshare to find chargers.

Just as a datapoint, IIRC, the nearest destination (non-supercharger) I found on my in-car map in eastern massachusetts was like 50 miles from my home. The nearest free charger on plugshare is like 3 miles from my home. This makes the in-car destination charger map essentially useless.