Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unauthorized payments and auto-pay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last month Tesla Finance initiated a payment that was double my car payment. I didn't have auto-pay on so I called and spoke with a person who first said it was because I never paid my first month's payment, which was in the down payment and paid, so they then said they had no idea and would get back to me. They never got back to me, but the payment was also canceled the next day. This month I got an email saying auto-pay was enabled on my account, which I also didn't initiate. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't tell if they have buggy payment software or if they're just being super shady.

Exact same thing happened to me, as you said above, didn’t speak to anyone but I assume it’s a bug - I want actually charged double or debited, just got the notifications and again just today got one that said I signed up for direct payments when I did not

Today Tesla enabled auto payments on both of my Tesla leases. I did not authorize auto payments on either of my leases. Tesla withdrew payment from my bank account without my authorization.

Be aware of your account settings. Please login to your Tesla accounts and make sure this has not happened to you.

If it has happened to anyone else please post to make others aware.

I am a fan of Tesla but not of an unethical business practice!!!!