Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unauthorized use of my HPWC...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I arrived home this morning to discover a Model X P100D parked in a space adjacent to mine, charging with my wall connector. My building is equipped with EV charging as well as other Teslas owners installing their own chargers. My initial reaction, "I feel violated...Why? Why? Why?" The building management contacted the owner and he moved his car promptly. The guy said his MX had no charge and he needed a quick juice and my wall connector was the closest. I checked his vehicle and it did show only 5km charged. However, I wouldn't know how much he would've charged if I had been out all day. It felt so wrong on so many levels....1. Not contacting building management to find a solution. 2. Not contacting the owner of the wall connector. 3. Not leaving a note informing of the usage.
The locker box is a great idea, but management office may not allow it. If you go look around, even on Taobao... you can find something like a refrigerator lock. It comes with a double side tape, but u can use a strong resin glue. attach one end to the charger and the other end to the handle. The wire is strong. the resin glue is strong. Clearly not fool proof, but it will serve as a deterrent for the driver to go elsewhere. not to mention, no drilling, and very discreet. Unlikely to void any warranty. I attached a sample for reference.

Attachments

• lock.png
    lock.png
    324 KB · Views: 164
You don’t have to drill anything... you can easily add rings and padlock it that way. Or you can opt to lock your killswitch.

I have however taken a different approach. I live in a “village house” and have installed it outdoors.

View attachment 283427 View attachment 283428
You don’t have to drill anything... you can easily add rings and padlock it that way. Or you can opt to lock your killswitch.

I have however taken a different approach. I live in a “village house” and have installed it outdoors.

Wow that is a nice box. Can you please provide the link to website where you bought it?

thank you in advance

I arrived home this morning to discover a Model X P100D parked in a space adjacent to mine, charging with my wall connector. My building is equipped with EV charging as well as other Teslas owners installing their own chargers. My initial reaction, "I feel violated...Why? Why? Why?" The building management contacted the owner and he moved his car promptly. The guy said his MX had no charge and he needed a quick juice and my wall connector was the closest. I checked his vehicle and it did show only 5km charged. However, I wouldn't know how much he would've charged if I had been out all day. It felt so wrong on so many levels....1. Not contacting building management to find a solution. 2. Not contacting the owner of the wall connector. 3. Not leaving a note informing of the usage.

whats wrong with hong kong people a full charge would cost less then 10 USD, give a fellow Tesla driver in need a helping hand. you really didn't need to make a fuss about it. you could of made a new friend. money you donate to charity you wont know where it went. but lending a charger you know where your helping hand went.

Where did you get this lock box? It almost looks like an official Tesla part! I live in the city and would love to be able to lock the connector inside something like this, especially one with a combination rather than a key!

Where did you get this Tesla wall connector lock box? I live in the city and would love to put mine inside something like this. Yours almost looks like an official Tesla part!

Where did you get this lock box? It almost looks like an official Tesla part! I live in the city and would love to be able to lock the connector inside something like this, especially one with a combination rather than a key!

In case you are not aware,
The new wall connecters can be software locked to a specific tesla car by using the VIN number. This will at least help with untheorized use. There may be other reasons you would like a charge box though.