Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unbelievable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 truly handles extremely well. Subjectively I think it's more responsive than my old BMW M3. The car reacts at the most subtle turn of the wheel. The steering wheel diameter is small, meaning even smaller distances needed to turn to get the same response. It's also a very stiff wheel in sport mode so the car is very easy to control.

You take those characteristics and then add in the instantaneous torque, the tight turning radius, and the quiet, single speed motor of a quality EV... I don't know. I don't think I can do the experience justice by trying to describe it with words. You'll get it once you take the car for a spin. Driving an ICE will be forever painful.

Yeah. That's pretty much the impression I got from people's posts. How old was your BMW M3? I had a 2008 328i and I liked the way it handled corners too. The Merc C300 is a big improvement over the BMW. I just hope the model 3 will even exceed that. Just wish I could test drive it just to confirm the things people said.

Hey guys, I received an email today as well. If we buy the $49K version now, then do we get the $10K federal tax credit? Hard to decide whether to buy or not.
It's $7500, not $10k (perhaps your state has an additional tax credit). And yes, you'll get it. Tesla has not officially crossed the 200k mark, so even if they already did sometime this quarter, next quarter would still get the full $7500 rebate.

It's $7500, not $10k (perhaps your state has an additional tax credit). And yes, you'll get it. Tesla has not officially crossed the 200k mark, so even if they already did sometime this quarter, next quarter would still get the full $7500 rebate.

Thank you so much for your quick response. Then it's totally worth it. Yes. I live in California so will I also get the $2.5K from state of California.

Also does anyone know how many model 3's have been produced this year? Do you think Tesla will cross 200K model 3's this year?
They most definitely will this year. They have already done 179.5k in the US. That's as of end of Q1. They can cross it this quarter, and if they do, then next quarter will still get the full, but Q4 will get the first reduced amount. If they're able to slow down deliveries until Jul 1 or later, and only hit 200k then, then we will get the full rebate for Q3 and Q4.

Just randomly checked my account today and got this. It's surreal. They didn't email me at all. I wasn't counting days or anything, but when I got it, I had to really look again just to make sure that it's real. To be honest, I kind of lost faith when my estimate was moved from Jan-March to April-June. But I guess they weren't overestimating after all.
Now the hard part is to decide if I should pull the trigger :)

Do it you won't regret it. I just took delivery on Saturday after a very long 6 week wait. I was going to wait for the Performance version to come out but I'm glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger now. I am absolutely in love with this car!!! Almost all the complaints you see on here (not this thread) are total BS. The handling is phenomenal and the acceleration is plenty (for now he he).

I look forward to every drive now and am extremely patient in traffic just enjoying being in the Model 3. I came from a Nissan Leaf and it's strange not having to charge daily. Everyone at work asks if they can tag along whenever I go out to lunch or drive to one of the other plants for a meeting just so they can get a ride. I had 3 passengers yesterday on a drive to lunch. When I reached around 30mph going around a sweeper I floored it and hit 70 at the corner exit. One of guys in the back goes "oh my god that is way better than my BMW!!!". This car is amazing.

Last edited:
I got my invite as well today and configured right away (I actually saw online I could configure and received the invite email an hour after configuring). It's been 10 hours already and still no VIN - it's going to be a very looooong "3-6 weeks."

I am also currently driving a '15 C300 - sport version with almost every option checked so the price of the M3 didn't give me sticker shock. The car is great but 19" low-profile tires do not work well in L.A. - in three years, I cracked 2 rims on pot holes and the Pirelli tires on the right rear last about 8,000 miles (and with staggered wheels and directional tires, you can't rotate them). Last year, my car was at the dealer for two weeks and I had a stripped C300 loaner - the difference between the two cars was absurd - I couldn't believe MB charged $40k for a stripped C300; a car that had no sensors, no navigation and no back-up camera.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Just randomly checked my account today and got this. It's surreal. They didn't email me at all. I wasn't counting days or anything, but when I got it, I had to really look again just to make sure that it's real. To be honest, I kind of lost faith when my estimate was moved from Jan-March to April-June. But I guess they weren't overestimating after all.
Now the hard part is to decide if I should pull the trigger :)
Definitely pull the trigger!
You won’t regret it. We picked up my wife’s Model 3 yesterday. It’s awsome. Build quality is fantastic. Drives like a dream.

Still didn't get an email but I ordered yesterday, I knew there was a reason I refreshed reddit every hour.

I had exactly what I wanted planned out for months so when I did see the configure button I could just run through it quick. Took about 2 minutes, most of which was letting a co-worker see what's on the screen otherwise it would have taken < 60 seconds.

Now the loooong wait comes and I have to figure out how to charge it.