Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unbelievable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just randomly checked my account today and got this. It's surreal. They didn't email me at all. I wasn't counting days or anything, but when I got it, I had to really look again just to make sure that it's real. To be honest, I kind of lost faith when my estimate was moved from Jan-March to April-June. But I guess they weren't overestimating after all.
Now the hard part is to decide if I should pull the trigger :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 146
Just randomly checked my account today and got this. It's surreal. They didn't email me at all. I wasn't counting days or anything, but when I got it, I had to really look again just to make sure that it's real. To be honest, I kind of lost faith when my estimate was moved from Jan-March to April-June. But I guess they weren't overestimating after all.
Now the hard part is to decide if I should pull the trigger :)
DO IT! All the cool kids are doing it!

Yeah I never got an e-mail when they unlocked my ability to configure either. Nothing was ever in my junk folder. For some reason they kept referring to the backup contact on my account for all communication (even when they called to confirm delivery).

Grats!

• Informative
Reactions: JP Bark
And now it becomes real. Guess It's easier to drop a fully refundable $1K than it is to drop a non refundable $49k+.

It's just that the cost is a lot more than I anticipated. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me, you know with the 35K starting price now ballooning to almost 60k (with tax). I can totally afford it. I'm just trying to justify with myself. Agh...Anyone here wants to buy a Mercedes C class? :)

Sounds very similar to how I found out today. I had just got home from running errands, and was thinking about the nice S that had passed me while out, day dreaming about being an owner soon... So thought what the hell, I’ll check my account for the 10th time today. I was shocked to see the Ready to Design button. Almost dropped my phone. Funny how all the back & forth on which color I wanted, if I should defer or not, all went away as soon as I could actually configure. It took me probably 60 seconds to complete the process haha. No hesitation. I thought 2 years of waiting was bad, these next few weeks will be excruciating...

Same thing just happened to me... (even though my estimate on tesla.com yesterday said May-July)

Of course I had a turo rental scheduled for first week in May as a final "yes I'm sure I want it" thing so rational thought says to still wait on that at least.

It's just that the cost is a lot more than I anticipated. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me, you know with the 35K starting price now ballooning to almost 60k (with tax). I can totally afford it. I'm just trying to justify with myself. Agh...Anyone here wants to buy a Mercedes C class? :)

Definitely buy it. You will like it way better than the mercedes. Driving a Tesla is much more fun than driving any other car I have ever owned.

I thought 2 years of waiting was bad, these next few weeks will be excruciating...
It’s been 8 days since I got my VIN and I can tell you that the time from configure (3/22) to getting my VIN was bad but the time after VIN to delivery is so much worse...exponentially worse. These 8 days have felt like 30. I’m still only tentatively getting my car on 4/30...yet to be finalized.
Speaking of “seems like”....

You think so? My '15 C300 is the best one I have so far. I can't imagine how much better the M3 would be.
My boss upgraded from a 2015 C300 (leased) to a Model 3 a few months ago. He said he likes his Model 3 a lot better than his old C300 and cited the smoothness and handling as major advantages of the Model 3. Of course, his primary reason for getting it was AutoPilot.

• Informative
Reactions: Ryan P and dhrivnak
My boss upgraded from a 2015 C300 (leased) to a Model 3 a few months ago. He said he likes his Model 3 a lot better than his old C300 and cited the smoothness and handling as major advantages of the Model 3. Of course, his primary reason for getting it was AutoPilot.
Holy crap. AutoPilot is also the main reason why I'm considering M3. Other than that, I'm already happy with the handling of the Merc. Maybe mine has a sport package and your boss' doesn't? The handling is a world of difference between sport and non-sport. I had a base loaner from the dealer once and it was awful.

Holy crap. AutoPilot is also the main reason why I'm considering M3. Other than that, I'm already happy with the handling of the Merc. Maybe mine has a sport package and your boss' doesn't? The handling is a world of difference between sport and non-sport. I had a base loaner from the dealer once and it was awful.
I'm pretty sure he had a non-sport model. He's always hated driving so he was surprised by how much fun he had driving the Model 3. Still, he went as far as to get full self driving on it even if he has to wait years for it to be ready. First car he's ever bought instead of leased.

I can definitely relate to the AutoPilot excitement. Commuting on 405 traffic for an hour+ isn't exactly pleasant after a day of work. :)

Reactions: bthienthai
Every other ICE car I have is awful compared to my Tesla. My 16 year old son won't even ask to drive our 2014 Miata (Supercharged) or the FJ Cruiser also Supercharged - once I let him drive the Tesla once, all he talks about is how crappy all our other cars are and that we should sell them!!!!! Once you go Tesla you don't go back... believe me - I'm on my 3rd Model S, wife stole the first one, I bought another and then she wanted AP, so we got another one!.

Grasshopper - fear is the only darkness - that C300 will feel like a riding lawnmower after you have driven the Model 3. If you want a more sporty suspension (which I get - I drive a P85+ for a reason too), there are already aftermarket options for the 3 -- Vendor - Mountain Pass Performance Intro | Model 3 Coilovers + Rear Suspension Arms

When I get mine this is the first change, followed by the lightest 18 inch mono-block forged wheels I can find ~ 17 lbs each verses ~23 lbs for the stock wheels.

You can't hear the Grasshopper yet either because your perspective of good is really distorted by the glorified steam engine you have been driving your whole life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkmmte and dhrivnak
The Model 3 truly handles extremely well. Subjectively I think it's more responsive than my old BMW M3. The car reacts at the most subtle turn of the wheel. The steering wheel diameter is small, meaning even smaller distances needed to turn to get the same response. It's also a very stiff wheel in sport mode so the car is very easy to control.

You take those characteristics and then add in the instantaneous torque, the tight turning radius, and the quiet, single speed motor of a quality EV... I don't know. I don't think I can do the experience justice by trying to describe it with words. You'll get it once you take the car for a spin. Driving an ICE will be forever painful.