Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncomfortable driver seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, got my 23 model 3 last week and noticed that the drivers seat is very comfortable in the butt area. I’ve tired adjusting the seat in so many ways and it hasn’t helped. Is there a break in period? Does it get comfortable with time? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try? Thanks!

I don't think I've ever owned a car where I liked the seats at first. It is always a little different and takes a little getting used to. The problem is some cars have bad enough seats that you can't get used to them, and having M3 for a short time I can't be sure, but almost everybody says they are fine so I didn't worry too much when I bought it, although I did find them a bit too narrow at first. I think I've read somewhere that LR vs RWD seats are different, but I can't find it anymore, so maybe I imagined it.

P.S. You wrote comfortable instead uncomfortable in the message, you may want to fix it.

Seat comfort is very subjective. I don't know if the 2023 Model 3 has different seats from our 2018 3, but both my wife and I find the driver's seat very comfortable. My current and previous S have very comfortable seats too. Hopefully you'll find an adjustment that works for you.

Reactions: father_of_6
Hi guys, got my 23 model 3 last week and noticed that the drivers seat is very comfortable in the butt area. I’ve tired adjusting the seat in so many ways and it hasn’t helped. Is there a break in period? Does it get comfortable with time? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try? Thanks!
I would give it some more time and try different adjustments like height and distance to steering wheel. It took me a while to find my optimum seat position.

I remember people mentioned the side bolsters do break in and widen after sitting in the seats for a while (they found out by comparing to passenger seat that is mostly unused).

Note there is also a lumbar adjustment, although no butt adjustment.

Have you done anything to remedy the issue?
I have an appointment with the service center coming up shortly. My back seats have a bad ripple that I noticed at delivery so I do have a reported seat issue. I will ask the service advisor about the passenger seat also and see what they say. They will probably dismiss it so I am not confident that I will have a resolution here.

Reactions: atlchamp
Volvo is famous for the quality and comfort of their seats. I've owned 3 Volvos and, yep, they all had great seats. I bought my M3LR in September of 2020 and have almost 19,000 miles on it. So far, I think the seats equal or exceed the quality and comfort in the seats in my previous 3 Volvos

Reactions: Jane4 and Raurele