Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unconfirmed: analyst claims there will be a smaller Cybertruck model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

See Tesla Cybertruck news is ramping up, but take it with a grain of salt

Quote: “Analyst Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research also came out with a new report on the Cybertruck. He claimed that Tesla will unveil the production version of the Cybertruck in March, and that it will include two versions, including one about 15-20% smaller than the original one.”

While I would be happy if Tesla made a smaller Cybertruck so that it would fit into my garage (which is big enough for 3 cars but not deep enough for an almost 241” long vehicle!) I am skeptical of that report. Tesla is going to have a hard enough time ramping up production of a new model that uses a completely new body type, requiring radically different manufacturing techniques, without having to deal with producing it in two different sizes.

Quote: “Analyst Trip Chowdhry of Global Equities Research also came out with a new report on the Cybertruck. He claimed that Tesla will unveil the production version of the Cybertruck in March, and that it will include two versions, including one about 15-20% smaller than the original one.”

While I would be happy if Tesla made a smaller Cybertruck so that it would fit into my garage (which is big enough for 3 cars but not deep enough for an almost 241” long vehicle!) I am skeptical of that report. Tesla is going to have a hard enough time ramping up production of a new model that uses a completely new body type, requiring radically different manufacturing techniques, without having to deal with producing it in two different sizes.
March of what year? lol

One of the 3 spots in my garage can fit the original cyber truck if I remove a 18” deep set of storage shelves at the front - I was planning to rearrange them this summer to make that space but it looks like I have lots and lots of time. Perhaps a few more summers even. In the mean time I will need to get an interim car before the cyber truck shows up after that last huge repair on the current MS I’m driving.

I can't see them making two different trucks. If they commit to a smaller truck, and it's not clear that they would, I would expect that to replace the larger truck.

The biggest question is how much they see Cybertruck getting sales from traditional truck buyers. People who have bought a F-150 supercab in the past are not going to be dissuaded by a 19.5' cybertruck. But non-truck buyers, people who would otherwise get a midsize SUV like a Subaru Forester, they are going to want to park in garages and would appreciate the smaller dimensions.

Elon had tough experience driving MX in Germany, all the reservation for CT will not buy the original size and during the Berlin Tesla festival crowds in union urge Elon to make smaller CT-hence, they'll be a smaller CT-only question is how soon. I am all for a smaller CT but I know it won't be cheap. Last year, both model 3 & Y price went up $ 9000-oh well, I have to sell more T$LA to get one.

.... A model 3 isn't even 39k, there's no way any CT is going to be that cheap
complete delusion here... Tesla is charging $45k for a ~270 miles range Model 3 - but somehow will sell you ultra capable truck for under $40k. LOL. and to kick it off they removed any and all pricing from the site and are delaying the production date.

also: Tesla isn't selling a cheaper Model Y RWD only anytime soon and the new factory in Berlin is for the near future only pumping out $64k Performance models... but sure.... the $39k truck is just around the corner...

I'd be VERY surprised if we are offered an AWD CT for anything under $65k...

well, ford lightning also did announce theirs will "start" at $39k...

the 3 did sell for $35k during a short period of time

but i agree, i don't see a $39k CT even if they cheap out and strip a whole bunch of stuff

The truck belongs outside.

• Disagree
Reactions: ZAKEEUS