Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unconfirmed: analyst claims there will be a smaller Cybertruck model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned trucks of all sizes.

The issue for me is that as outside dimensions increases, the interior volume increases at a MUCH faster rate.

Obviously a pickup truck isn't a perfect sphere, but in the case of a sphere doubling the radius increases interior volume 8X!

So what happens is that even a small 15% increase in outside dimensions can result in much more interior volume in a vehicle, assuming it's utilized for additional space instead of all for other things.

In my current Canyon, my family fits. But when you add 3 mountain bikes, all of our gear, 2 dogs, etc. it gets freakin' crowded in there. A FS truck, while not much bigger on the outside than my Crewcab LB Canyon, is positively voluminous on the inside comparatively.

Having always enjoyed smaller tighter packages, I want the larger truck next time for the dramatic increase in interior volume to drag this family around.

Last edited:
Reactions: gillfoto
There will NOT be different sizes of the CT. C'mon kids... this idea is just ridiculous.

People are waiting 6 months to get a Model 3, and Tesla has been manufacturing them for almost 5 years.

The Cybertruck isn't even in production yet, has potentially a MILLION preorders, and someone is speculating that Tesla is going to make it in TWO DIFFERENT FORM FACTORS?!?!?!

They're struggling to even get one out the door in a single form factor (and it'll be MUCH more expensive than originally expected).

Unless by "smaller one" you're referring to the Cyberquad, this will never happen.

Reactions: rhumbliner
There will NOT be different sizes of the CT. C'mon kids... this idea is just ridiculous.

People are waiting 6 months to get a Model 3, and Tesla has been manufacturing them for almost 5 years.

The Cybertruck isn't even in production yet, has potentially a MILLION preorders, and someone is speculating that Tesla is going to make it in TWO DIFFERENT FORM FACTORS?!?!?!

They're struggling to even get one out the door in a single form factor (and it'll be MUCH more expensive than originally expected).

Unless by "smaller one" you're referring to the Cyberquad, this will never happen.
I guess you haven't heard:rolleyes: