TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Uncorked 100D beats P100D in sports mode

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aikisteve, May 13, 2018.

1. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

To my big surprise, the uncorked 100D beats the P100D in sport mode. Would expect the same results at least. But maybe the cars are set up the same, but the weight difference plays a role...
    But at least I got payback as well :-D
    (test was done under controlled circumstances. Do not try to replicate this yourself and create dangerous situations. Keep it safe!)

2. UnpluggedDoc

UnpluggedDoc Member

This sounds right to me. I have a P100D and when I had it in sport mode this weekend it felt maybe a tad more sluggish, but similar, to the 100D I test drove last month. Both quick modes but ludicrous is something entirely on another level.

• Like x 2
  3. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

who the heck drives their P100D in Sport mode? i leave mine in Ludicrous all the time, as i think most people do. why pay such a huge premium for a feature and then turn it off?

• Like x 6
  4. DukeUK

DukeUK New Member

Luda all the time!

• Like x 2
  5. PaulC

PaulC Member

I mean...P100D Sport mode is an arbitrarily chosen setting while the 100D is running at whatever max performance it's capable of. I wouldn't expect them to be related.

6. UnpluggedDoc

UnpluggedDoc Member

I was driving 300 miles roundtrip to a doctors appointment and wanted to conserve some battery. I assume it lasts longer in sport mode. Otherwise, always in ludicrous!

• Like x 1
  7. aikisteve

aikisteve Member

I do when driving the misses and the kids. They don't like it very much. And I know you can feather the pedal to accelerate at any pace, but it is just too tempting on onramps, for example. Need to take care of passengers too, especially if I want to keep living in the same house ;-)

8. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Sport mode is too fast for me! I drive in valet mode all the time. I only got a P100D cause I really like the red brake calipers!

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 1
  9. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

My wife and kids love ludicrous mode. In fact on the way to school this morning my 3 year old's "go fast daddy".:)

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

You could have had the calipers painted red and saved thousands.

• Like x 1
  11. CuriousG

CuriousG Active Member

You sure it was the kids saying that?

• Funny x 2
  12. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Sure, sure, but that wouldn't be authentic Tesla paint!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1