TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Uncorked: Thanks TMC Friends!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hobapolis, Apr 27, 2018.

1. hobapolis

hobapolis Member

I took delivery of my 75D S in December 2017. I had assumed my car had been uncorked at delivery...but you know what they say about assuming.

Anyway - I was exploring some rando threads about the API and came across a post that mentioned that someone else had a car that hadn't been uncorked and proved it with the "perf_config" setting in the API to the service center. For the lulz I took a look at my own perf_config setting and noticed it wasn't "P1" as it should have been.

After a call to my local service center a mobile tech came out and did the update; it's like a brand new car! The 0-60 is batshit rad.

Code:
    curl -s --request GET \
      --url https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/your_vehicle_id/data_request/vehicle_config \
      --header 'authorization: Bearer your_bearer_token' \
    | jq -r .response.perf_config
    If you're uncorked this will result in P1 (if you're in a 75D at least)

So thank you to everyone who posts here. You provide valuable information and I'd still be corked if it wasn't for everyone in the Tesla community!

• Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

I supposedly got mine done last week. I say "supposedly" because I don't notice any difference. I certainly DID notice a difference in acceleration between my S75D (10/2016 build) and the S75 loaner car -- the latter had VERY noticeably faster pickup, and it's not even a D model. WTH?

The service invoice says:
    But again, no noticeable change. Not sure what to do next -- I'm hundreds of miles from the nearest service center.

3. hobapolis

hobapolis Member

You can check for sure with the API. If yours returns "P3" you are still corked. If it's "P1" you're uncorked.

• Like x 1
  4. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Supporting Member

Can you provide a little more detail on how to run that API code?

5. WattMobile

WattMobile Member

Use the Remote S app to see API data. I used this to found that if my 75 was uncorked by factory. However it was not and the service center took care off that and made it faster.

• Like x 1
  6. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

Too bad there is no Android version of "Remote S" app. Looks cook!

7. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

If you have something running python, download the teslajson.py from gglockner/teslajson

Here's example code to dump all sorts of stats - just put your Tesla username/password at the top....

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/python

import teslajson

conn=teslajson.Connection('YOURLOGIN', 'YOURPASSWORD')
    cars=conn.vehicles

for car in cars:
        print "======================= CAR ======================="
        for key in sorted(car.keys()):
            print str(key) + " : " + str(car[key])
        print "======================= Mobile enabled ======================="
        mobenab=car.get('mobile_enabled')
        for key in sorted(mobenab.keys()):
            print str(key) + " : " + str(mobenab[key])
        print "===================== Wake up ====================="
        car.wake_up()
        for item in ['charge_state', 'climate_state', 'drive_state', 'gui_settings', 'vehicle_state', 'vehicle_config' ]:
            print "====================== Data : " + item
            data=car.data_request(item)
            for key in sorted(data.keys()):
                print str(key) + " : " + str(data[key])

Run that and you'll get a couple of pages of output which will include the info you want.

I my case...

trim_badging : 75d
    perf_config : P3

:(

8. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Supporting Member

Thanks. Used my Remote S. Didn’t realize that was an option.

Looks like mine is P1. So all good.

9. MenloWizard

MenloWizard Member

I ran the above Python code and it returned perf_config = 'P2'. On a RWD S75 is that uncorked or corked? I took delivery in October 2017 so it was right around the time everyone was getting their uncorking done and just assumed they would have done it prior to delivery...but maybe not?

10. MenloWizard

MenloWizard Member

Woops, should have searched a bit more before asking. Evidently perf_config = 'P2' is uncorked for RWD S75s :) but now it's documented here so hopefully no one else asks!

• Like x 2
  11. mweider

mweider Member

I am looking at Remote S API data but dont see anything about P1 or P3. What specifically should I be looking for?

12. David.85D

David.85D Active Member

Click on the “remote S” logo at the top of the screen. That brings you to a page with help and some advanced buttons. Scroll down and click on a button “copy car configuration data” and you will see it all in the text box.

13. wedge07

wedge07 Supporting Member

You can also get the Option Codes from TeslaFi.com. Click on Settings, then Account and scroll to the bottom.

If you don’t have use TeslaFi you can get a free month, I think, using my code: philip44912

14. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Sorry for this maybe naive question. I am expected to take delivery of an X75D next month. Would it best that I ask the SC to confirm that it has been "uncorked" prior to taking delivery?

15. nevrenuf

nevrenuf Member

Are P100D's already uncorked? Mine is Feb 2018 and Perf_Config=P2 as reported by Teslafi ..