Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked: Thanks TMC Friends!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my 75D S in December 2017. I had assumed my car had been uncorked at delivery...but you know what they say about assuming.

Anyway - I was exploring some rando threads about the API and came across a post that mentioned that someone else had a car that hadn't been uncorked and proved it with the "perf_config" setting in the API to the service center. For the lulz I took a look at my own perf_config setting and noticed it wasn't "P1" as it should have been.

After a call to my local service center a mobile tech came out and did the update; it's like a brand new car! The 0-60 is batshit rad.

Code:
curl -s --request GET \
  --url https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/api/1/vehicles/your_vehicle_id/data_request/vehicle_config \
  --header 'authorization: Bearer your_bearer_token' \
| jq -r .response.perf_config

If you're uncorked this will result in P1 (if you're in a 75D at least)

So thank you to everyone who posts here. You provide valuable information and I'd still be corked if it wasn't for everyone in the Tesla community!

I supposedly got mine done last week. I say "supposedly" because I don't notice any difference. I certainly DID notice a difference in acceleration between my S75D (10/2016 build) and the S75 loaner car -- the latter had VERY noticeably faster pickup, and it's not even a D model. WTH?

The service invoice says:
Concern: Performance Increase for 75D Vehicles

Corrections: Update Conficuration Variables and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

This has already been taken care of. We will stage firmware.

But again, no noticeable change. Not sure what to do next -- I'm hundreds of miles from the nearest service center.

I supposedly got mine done last week. I say "supposedly" because I don't notice any difference. I certainly DID notice a difference in acceleration between my S75D (10/2016 build) and the S75 loaner car -- the latter had VERY noticeably faster pickup, and it's not even a D model. WTH?

The service invoice says:

But again, no noticeable change. Not sure what to do next -- I'm hundreds of miles from the nearest service center.

You can check for sure with the API. If yours returns "P3" you are still corked. If it's "P1" you're uncorked.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Can you provide a little more detail on how to run that API code?

If you have something running python, download the teslajson.py from gglockner/teslajson

Here's example code to dump all sorts of stats - just put your Tesla username/password at the top....

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import teslajson

conn=teslajson.Connection('YOURLOGIN', 'YOURPASSWORD')
cars=conn.vehicles

for car in cars:
    print "======================= CAR ======================="
    for key in sorted(car.keys()):
        print str(key) + " : " + str(car[key])
    print "======================= Mobile enabled ======================="
    mobenab=car.get('mobile_enabled')
    for key in sorted(mobenab.keys()):
        print str(key) + " : " + str(mobenab[key])
    print "===================== Wake up ====================="
    car.wake_up()
    for item in ['charge_state', 'climate_state', 'drive_state', 'gui_settings', 'vehicle_state', 'vehicle_config' ]:
        print "====================== Data : " + item
        data=car.data_request(item)
        for key in sorted(data.keys()):
            print str(key) + " : " + str(data[key])

Run that and you'll get a couple of pages of output which will include the info you want.

I my case...

trim_badging : 75d
perf_config : P3

:(

I ran the above Python code and it returned perf_config = 'P2'. On a RWD S75 is that uncorked or corked? I took delivery in October 2017 so it was right around the time everyone was getting their uncorking done and just assumed they would have done it prior to delivery...but maybe not?

I ran the above Python code and it returned perf_config = 'P2'. On a RWD S75 is that uncorked or corked? I took delivery in October 2017 so it was right around the time everyone was getting their uncorking done and just assumed they would have done it prior to delivery...but maybe not?

Woops, should have searched a bit more before asking. Evidently perf_config = 'P2' is uncorked for RWD S75s :) but now it's documented here so hopefully no one else asks!

Click on the “remote S” logo at the top of the screen. That brings you to a page with help and some advanced buttons. Scroll down and click on a button “copy car configuration data” and you will see it all in the text box.