Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked X100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had mine uncorked too. Incorrect that it’s only for 75Ds.

Like Xtek, I did NOT notice a difference off the line. Krash’s stats do show some difference though, so I wouldn’t say it’s the night and day difference it was for the 75Ds. But it’s still worth doing it! You paid for the X - get the max benefit for your money from a great company!!!

Reactions: P100DHG. and Xtek
No such thing. "Uncorking" is for the 75D[/QUOTE
I had mine uncorked too. Incorrect that it’s only for 75Ds.

Like Xtek, I did NOT notice a difference off the line. Krash’s stats do show some difference though, so I wouldn’t say it’s the night and day difference it was for the 75Ds. But it’s still worth doing it! You paid for the X - get the max benefit for your money from a great company!!!

Does it impact range or u have to adjust your driving style to maintain the range?

There are 2 ways from my understanding to know if a car is uncorked. Both of which require ownership or the credentials to the tesla account it's attached to.

You can ask the SC to check to see if it is.

So... what are the two ways (other than asking the SC)?

Before taking delivery, I know you can scrape a URL from your account page that includes a list of options, and paste them into the Tesla Model S options decoder (which appears to work for the common S/X option codes). But after delivery, that URL is gone and you no longer have access to the options code as near as I can tell. I for one did not get a full list of option codes on any sort of delivery paperwork - just the Monroney sticker which does not have the full option code details.

NOTE: I had asked if my September delivery was uncorked - I realized after posting that it is implicitly due tot he build date.

So... what are the two ways (other than asking the SC)?

Before taking delivery, I know you can scrape a URL from your account page that includes a list of options, and paste them into the Tesla Model S options decoder (which appears to work for the common S/X option codes). But after delivery, that URL is gone and you no longer have access to the options code as near as I can tell. I for one did not get a full list of option codes on any sort of delivery paperwork - just the Monroney sticker which does not have the full option code details.

NOTE: I had asked if my September delivery was uncorked - I realized after posting that it is implicitly due tot he build date.

Uncorking doesn't show up in the options list.

If you want to 100% confirm you'll need to hit the Tesla API to get your performance config. The other is to use one of the popular Tesla apps for getting runlogs.

Uncorking doesn't show up in the options list.

If you want to 100% confirm you'll need to hit the Tesla API to get your performance config. The other is to use one of the popular Tesla apps for getting runlogs.

Makes sense - thanks for clarifying. I've never tried accessing the car directly via API until now (I won't pretend to be proficient in REST API calls). In my case an API call returns a perf_config value of "P1".