Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked X100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I discussed this with a ranger (visiting me for some unrelated breakage of my car, argh) - he told me my car is not "on the list". At least not yet.

I guess I'll give them some more time to come to a definite conclusion about my car ;)

Reactions: Xtek
I discussed this with a ranger (visiting me for some unrelated breakage of my car, argh) - he told me my car is not "on the list". At least not yet.

I guess I'll give them some more time to come to a definite conclusion about my car ;)

I was told 5 times my car wasn't eligible. Then I hit the magic person and this was before 75Ds were even made official.

I've seen these uncorking threads for a while but it wasnt something I was interested in. But, out of curiosity, I checked with service center and found out that my March 2017 X100D 35XXX is eligible for uncorking. Getting it done next Tuesday.

How’d the uncorking go at the SvC? I have a March 2017 build with 35XXX VIN too. I’m going to call up my SvC to uncork my X100D as well.

My Model X 100D was delivered to our home 22-Jun-17. It arrived corked. After viewing this thread 2 days ago, I called the service centre, and asked whether it could be uncorked. I was told that my situation was fortunate, as my car could be uncorked from the Tesla server; that is, there was no need for me to travel 275km to the nearest Tesla service centre to have the process done. They did that a few hours later, so now, mine is uncorked! I haven’t done any acceleration tests, but was told my 0-60mph should be reduced by 0.4s.

My Model X 100D was delivered to our home 22-Jun-17. It arrived corked. After viewing this thread 2 days ago, I called the service centre, and asked whether it could be uncorked. I was told that my situation was fortunate, as my car could be uncorked from the Tesla server; that is, there was no need for me to travel 275km to the nearest Tesla service centre to have the process done. They did that a few hours later, so now, mine is uncorked! I haven’t done any acceleration tests, but was told my 0-60mph should be reduced by 0.4s.

Is it meaning that your 0-60mph is about 4.4s now?!

How’d the uncorking go at the SvC? I have a March 2017 build with 35XXX VIN too. I’m going to call up my SvC to uncork my X100D as well.
Got it done last Tuesday - I don't have any scientific tools to validate the improved performance except the energy meter clearly going over 300 Wh which appears to support what other said. Feels noticeably snippier, though

Reactions: Doctt
For what it's worth the impact isn't as big as the 75Ds. It's hard to tell by the butt dyno. The only difference I noticed is when accelerating from the 20 to 40 MPH range. From a stop it's not noticeable though the data does say it's faster.

Make sure to be nice and respectful to SCs and SC agents. There's a good chance they have out of date information, if you're not making progress just try a new person.

Was advised that only 75D models were available at this time for outside the US (at least this was what I was told by the Vancouver SvC). I’ll have to check back in a few months to see if they’ve okayed uncorking Globally for the 100D units. Hopefully, all 100D’s will have the capability to be uncorked.

Just uncorked my X100D today

Yes. The car felt a lot faster and more responsive

However, after initial excitement, i realized my car used a lot more energy. I reset my power consumption and tried to see the consumption impact. To my surprise, the car used at least 10% more energy (for a 10 mile trip) although i purposely light on acceleration. Did not push it at all. I also closely monitored the network meter. It seems normal.

The temp here is around 70c.

Anyone experience this?

However, after initial excitement, i realized my car used a lot more energy. I reset my power consumption and tried to see the consumption impact. To my surprise, the car used at least 10% more energy (for a 10 mile trip) although i purposely light on acceleration. Did not push it at all. I also closely monitored the network meter. It seems normal.

Anyone experience this?
Time to enable chill mode.

Reactions: Xtek

Anyone experience this?
When was your car built?

So if I can push my X over 300 Wh that means it's uncorked? I try asking my SC but they said 100D can't be uncorked at this time.
Yes. Before I got my X100D uncorked, I don't recall it ever went over 300Wh. Now it can go over 300wh easily.

The difference is very obviously. I feel dizzy every time I push it.

X100D can clearly be uncorked. Ask them to contact Sam from the Buena Park SC in California if they insist it is not uncorkable.

• Informative
Reactions: ckwong

Anyone experience this?

Faster and more responsive = more energy consumed. Simple as that. The "problem" with more power is that you very quickly get used to it and it soon becomes the norm. So even if you consciously back off on acceleration, you will still probably be using more power than before. For when economy is critical I would switch into chill mode and drive slower. At other times enjoy the extra kick!