Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked X100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here’s a few of my results from powertools:

5.2 was yesterday in colder weather with 60% battery

5.7 was today in warmer weather with 80%! Ridiculous.

Same road. Same dry conditions.☹️

This doesn’t seem possible. Pre-uncork, I think I was getting c. 4.75s 0-100kph. Maybe double check with a stopwatch? I have nothing to speak of in my trunk or frunk, by the way (mobile charger, tow hitch, that’s about it).

There could be differences in time due to different levels of equipment. A 7 seater with premium audio, premium interior, hitch and 22" rims weights more than a 5 seater with nothing extra. The drivers could also be with different sizes, as well as passenger or not. Also hitting the start/stop button exact while flooring it could be hard.

So +- 0.5 sek should be reasonable to expect. That's why I was curious if the wattage are the same, because that is the effect you supply your motors with. They should be the same on all uncorked vehicles, and same on all corked, as long as battery is at ~20 degrees + and SOC around 80% or more.

Reactions: xspace
There could be differences in time due to different levels of equipment. A 7 seater with premium audio, premium interior, hitch and 22" rims weights more than a 5 seater with nothing extra. The drivers could also be with different sizes, as well as passenger or not. Also hitting the start/stop button exact while flooring it could be hard.

So +- 0.5 sek should be reasonable to expect. That's why I was curious if the wattage are the same, because that is the effect you supply your motors with. They should be the same on all uncorked vehicles, and same on all corked, as long as battery is at ~20 degrees + and SOC around 80% or more.

Mine was tested with only me inside 185lbs. 6 seater white, no console, 20” oem rims/tires.
Peak kw was 400-406 for me. Yet the numbers don’t suggest close to 4.5sec in both powertools nor stopwatch. They were both pretty much the same at 5-5.2 and even 5.7 at one test.

Mine was tested with only me inside 185lbs. 6 seater white, no console, 20” oem rims/tires.
Peak kw was 400-406 for me. Yet the numbers don’t suggest close to 4.5sec in both powertools nor stopwatch. They were both pretty much the same at 5-5.2 and even 5.7 at one test.

Same thing, I’ve got 6-seater, white, all 100D options except for the wheels, but as described, I’ve got the 19” winter rims on now, with Nokians, I weigh 5 lbs more, and no passenger. I’m guessing the 19” wheels with tires are lighter.

I am certain that the my foot started down to the floor at the near instant that the start button was pressed. 0.5s is an eternity, there is no way I could have been off by more than 0.10s, and as I said, I was even a little late on stopping the timer.

Same thing, I’ve got 6-seater, white, all 100D options except for the wheels, but as described, I’ve got the 19” winter rims on now, with Nokians, I weigh 5 lbs more, and no passenger. I’m guessing the 19” wheels with tires are lighter.

I am certain that the my foot started down to the floor at the near instant that the start button was pressed. 0.5s is an eternity, there is no way I could have been off by more than 0.10s, and as I said, I was even a little late on stopping the timer.

It’s ok I’m finding out my 100D may be about half uncorked vs full. Seems like my kw power output was uncorked but perhaps not the torque max. One possibility. I will get SC to redo an unlock and test.

Reactions: xspace
Does Scan My Tesla or TM Spy has feature to track 0-100kmh time? Or peak power?
CANbus tools even give you accelerator position and torque at 0.01 second accuracy.

If you use the API apps you only get power over time, which is enough to drive torque from the initial linear power acceleration even at 0.25 second accuracy.But you can calculate distance from GPS data.

If you video record your speedometer you at least get the velocity over time like the above solutions.

If you use a stopwatch well then you only know the time.

Last edited:
CANbus tools even give you accelerator position and torque at 0.01 second accuracy.

If you use the API apps you only get power over time, which is enough to drive torque from the initial linear power acceleration even at 0.25 second accuracy.But you can calculate distance from GPS data.

If you video record your speedometer you at least get the velocity over time like the above solutions.

If you use a stopwatch well then you only know the time.

So does those two tools work for this purpose or no?

So I am picking my inventory MX tomorrow. I inquired with my DS about performance upgrade. This is a response I received:

“I am pleased to confirm that your Model X 100D received the improved performance since it is a dual motor vehicle.”

Does this make sense? I always thought that all 100D MX were dual motor vehicles.

So I am picking my inventory MX tomorrow. I inquired with my DS about performance upgrade. This is a response I received:

“I am pleased to confirm that your Model X 100D received the improved performance since it is a dual motor vehicle.”

Does this make sense? I always thought that all 100D MX were dual motor vehicles.
They are. He may mean a timing thing, which I'm not sure we've actually tied down. Like it was made after last winter (2016-17)?

If you ask me, it's like he didn't say anything and you just nodded lol. Do you concur?