Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking 75Ds in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had uncorking performed remotely? I was told by SC my car has been uncorked and that ‘the firmware performance upgrade has been sent to your car’. I did not need to take it in for this, or even press download and install for a software update.

I don’t feel any performance increase though and timin for 0-60 is consistently above 5.3s even though an uncorked 75D should expect ~4.2s.

SC say there is no flag or marker to confirm uncorking on my end just to accept that their team say it’s done. Grateful for views from anyone who has had uncorking done remotely and successfully please.

Has anyone had uncorking performed remotely? I was told by SC my car has been uncorked and that ‘the firmware performance upgrade has been sent to your car’. I did not need to take it in for this, or even press download and install for a software update.

I don’t feel any performance increase though and timin for 0-60 is consistently above 5.3s even though an uncorked 75D should expect ~4.2s.

SC say there is no flag or marker to confirm uncorking on my end just to accept that their team say it’s done. Grateful for views from anyone who has had uncorking done remotely and successfully please.
Hello, can you tell me how did you get in touch with them for remote uncorking? Did you book a service in the app? If so, which options did you select and which service center did you select? Many thanks

Hello, can you tell me how did you get in touch with them for remote uncorking? Did you book a service in the app? If so, which options did you select and which service center did you select? Many thanks
Hi, yes I did it through the mobile app. I had other repairs to book and added the uncork request as ‘upgrades and installations’.

This is at a UK SC and still ongoing so will wait for full resolution before assessing. Where are you based?

I think you've be fed BS. My '17 S75D wss one of the first to be uncorked and it required a SC visit. This was not only because the car had to have a physical inspection but because the software changes needed to be done with a stable connection and not over wi-fi. I have heard of the firmware update not working proeprly even when done at the SC, requiring a return visit.

It wouldn't surprise me if the SC are "confusing" uncorking with the perfomance upgrade/boost or whatever it's called available on some M3's.

I must admit I thought they'd stopped uncorking a while ago.

I think you've be fed BS. My '17 S75D wss one of the first to be uncorked and it required a SC visit. This was not only because the car had to have a physical inspection but because the software changes needed to be done with a stable connection and not over wi-fi. I have heard of the firmware update not working proeprly even when done at the SC, requiring a return visit.

It wouldn't surprise me if the SC are "confusing" uncorking with the perfomance upgrade/boost or whatever it's called available on some M3's.

I must admit I thought they'd stopped uncorking a while ago.
Thanks @DJP31 - I think the same, but posted on here in case there were more experienced owners who had been uncorked over the air, or could confirm technology had improve since 2017 to allow this. All my reading of older posts indicated it would take at least one physical visit to the SC - will push this point again when I go in.

It's been 4+ year since the original rush to get uncorked so would also not be surprised if staff are now confusing this with whatever the M3 had as a purchase option. I bought my S used CPO from Tesla, not sure why they didn't just uncork it before selling but they've since confirmed by text it's eligible - just not followed through on doing the uncorking! Will follow up on here if I manage to get it done.

Hi, yes I did it through the mobile app. I had other repairs to book and added the uncork request as ‘upgrades and installations’.

This is at a UK SC and still ongoing so will wait for full resolution before assessing. Where are you based?
Hello, can you please tell me Which UK SC did you specifically selected in app for appointment? Thank you.

There’s a configuration string attached to the image of each car in myTesla and there’s a Tesla option code for uncorked acceleration. You’d need so dine who’s been uncorked to confirm whether it gets reported or not but this might be a lot easier than streaming data to see if it’s been done. More details here

As an aside, I thought they were pretty much all done back in the day.

Thanks @GeorgeSymonds the option decoder really helped. I can see in my vehicle option string I have “BP02 Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration”. Though still not feeling any acceleration boost.

I took the car to Dartford SC (@taimurasad) and they again said it’s been uncorked remotely and nothing further is required, no download, no installation, the car is pulling as they expect it to. You might want to check your vehicle options as mentioned in post #130 to see if you’re corked or not.

@Krash I’ve still not unlocked private message privileges and also not too savvy with software but managed to get an app ‘Teslemetry’ to work and have the attached results. Power tools for iPhone seems to have stopped working. Both runs > 5s :-(, will have a think about visiting SC again or trying another.

Attachments

• A5DE6B9B-6A32-402E-AB8C-AC7A80C086B8.jpeg
    A5DE6B9B-6A32-402E-AB8C-AC7A80C086B8.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 109
  • CEDFD85F-8166-45EB-B1B6-B5607782FC78.jpeg
    CEDFD85F-8166-45EB-B1B6-B5607782FC78.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: taimurasad
Maximum performance is with a full, warm battery, if you try it at any other time it will be slower. The best time to test is after a supercharger to 90%. Everything you”ve said except the time points to it being done, and you may just be disappointed that it doesn’t feel as fast as you thought it should be, but that’s because EV performance especially on cars of that age can vary quite a lot due to weather and state of charge.

Thanks @GeorgeSymonds the option decoder really helped. I can see in my vehicle option string I have “BP02 Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration”. Though still not feeling any acceleration boost.

I took the car to Dartford SC (@taimurasad) and they again said it’s been uncorked remotely and nothing further is required, no download, no installation, the car is pulling as they expect it to. You might want to check your vehicle options as mentioned in post #130 to see if you’re corked or not.

@Krash I’ve still not unlocked private message privileges and also not too savvy with software but managed to get an app ‘Teslemetry’ to work and have the attached results. Power tools for iPhone seems to have stopped working. Both runs > 5s :-(, will have a think about visiting SC again or trying another.
Thank you for your reply regarding SC.

As for vehicle option, I followed @GeorgeSymonds post and found that even I have BP02 string in the assets image URL which translates into Non-Performance Uncorked Acceleration. I went ahead checked all the options I had (just copy paste all in one go on Tesla info page) and found that it also features following

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.04.23 PM.png

Since I have Model X 75D, it shows 6seconds for 0-60 when it should be 4.9seconds for uncorked cars. I also dont know why it's showing Model S 0-60 to me when I have Model X.

I really dont know what else to do. Tesla keeps telling me my car isn't eligible for it despite now knowing that it has BP02 in string.

I can't help really, I presume the specs give are for the original model based on the model code.

Why do you think it's not corked? Is it just because you can't get the claimed 0-60 time because as I mentioned earlier, the times Tesla give are in perfect conditions, full battery, warmed up, decent tyre grip so not icy roads etc.

I can't help really, I presume the specs give are for the original model based on the model code.

Why do you think it's not corked? Is it just because you can't get the claimed 0-60 time because as I mentioned earlier, the times Tesla give are in perfect conditions, full battery, warmed up, decent tyre grip so not icy roads etc.
Yes I can't feel the difference. I have also measured it and it's 6 seconds still.

Here are some of the other options I see using assets code strings

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.59.46 PM.png

It shows I have AP3.0, which is correct. The car originally came with AP2.0 but it was upgraded to 3.0 as part of MCU2 upgrade last year in December 2020.

Tesla keeps telling me my car is not eligible for uncorking, which baffles me given it's a June 2017 build car delivered in UK end of September 2017.

Tesla keeps telling me my car is not eligible for uncorking, which baffles me given it's a June 2017 build car delivered in UK end of September 2017.

It will be eligible from a build perspective, and may well be uncorked already as the codes suggest. I first raised this with Tesla at the end of Aug '17 and they confirmed cars built from April '17 had the required hardware and from June'17 came uncorked. The BP02 suggests you are already uncorked, and Tesla now saying your car is "not eligible" could be because it already is uncorked - they aren't know for their clarity of communication skills.

I would wait until the weather warms up a bit, choose a dry day and make sure the battery is at 100% or very close to it - ideally finish charging shortly before hand and even better if it's high powered DC charged so the pack is as warm as it can be. In those conditions and assuming good tyres/road surface you will have elminated all the external factors that could cast doubts on your results.

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
You are probably aware that uncorking changes both torque and max power. The torque is the more easily distinguished of the two by looking at the change in power graphed over time. There have been some rare cases where only torque or only power got raised during the uncorking process. A sort of half corked mistake. But all of those cases were remedied by a second attempt.

Last edited:
…it's a June 2017 build car delivered in UK end of September 2017.
It doesn’t affect uncorkability, but June 2017 was an interesting build month. On June 14th they switched to a new motor and/or inverter design, even though they didn’t start uncorking cars until 1 July 2017. And of course they eventually uncorked cars way back.

It seems really unlikely that any parts that would disqualify uncorking would have been put into cars as late as June.

I have an update. Previously Tesla kept telling me my car wasn't eligible for this. I opened yet another service request to which Tesla now says they have enabled it remotely, probably the same thing that happened to @AA 75D as I can't feel the difference. it's still 6 seconds 0-60 instead of 4.9 seconds. I did not receive any firmware update, they just now say that it has been enabled remotely and that the issue is marked as "Resolved Remotely".

Last edited:
I have an update. Previously Tesla kept telling me my car wasn't eligible for this. I opened yet another service request to which Tesla now says they have enabled it remotely, probably the same thing that happened to @AA 75D as I can't feel the difference. it's still 6 seconds 0-60 instead of 4.9 seconds. I did not receive any firmware update, they just now say that it has been enabled remotely and that the issue is marked as "Resolved Remotely".
I share the frustration. I understand the points made by others in terms of age of car, state of charge, and non-ideal testing conditions all leading to not being able to achieve 4.2s in a MS but my issue is that under similar conditions, I’ve felt no improvement in acceleration before and after ‘remote uncorking’.

Before the procedure, I was driving in London with another MS75D behind me and when the driver changed lane we both decided to floor it. The other car pulled much quicker. We had a quick chat at the next traffic light and he explained he was uncorked and I should push to get mine done. That was two weeks ago, now since the remote uncorking I’ve felt no difference. Should’ve taken down his number for a re-race!

@taimurasad have you rechecked your option string? Previously it said MX75D 0-60 of 6s. Interested to know if Tesla have updated this on their system. It could be that we’re both half uncorked as Krash said in #137 but honestly I don’t know enough about torque and power to check and how I can convince Tesla to do anything about it.