Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Swift said:
You should be able to feel it. It is correlated somewhat with soc. Make sure your soc is over 70% and check with power tools. Mine was not uncorked after the first sc try and I had to go back...
I had 330kW at 50% ish (well up on precorked 280kW so very happy) but wondering how much more might be in there?

OK guys----I can see how many amps I'm charging with - and how "full" the battery is. But can somebody explain which power tool I'm supposed to use to see how close to 330kW I am? Is there an ohmmeter that I poke around with? I feel like I just wandered into a college class where the lingo is understood by some, but not the new guy. Help me out here, Please.

Swift said:
You should be able to feel it. It is correlated somewhat with soc. Make sure your soc is over 70% and check with power tools. Mine was not uncorked after the first sc try and I had to go back...
I had 330kW at 50% ish (well up on precorked 280kW so very happy) but wondering how much more might be in there?

OK guys----I can see how many amps I'm charging with - and how "full" the battery is. But can somebody explain which power tool I'm supposed to use to see how close to 330kW I am? Is there an ohmmeter that I poke around with? I feel like I just wandered into a college class where the lingo is understood by some, but not the new guy. Help me out here, Please.

You can't see this in the car (with this level of detail), but you can use the PowerTools for Tesla app on an iPhone to check this. If you are an android user, there should be another app (which I don't know the name of) that works.

You can't see this in the car (with this level of detail), but you can use the PowerTools for Tesla app on an iPhone to check this. If you are an android user, there should be another app (which I don't know the name of) that works.
Thanks...using the term PowerTools for Tesla, I found the $7 app that collects horsepower and speed. Did not know to even look for it.

Had mine uncorked today. For the first time ever, I got a Tesla loaner -- a MS100D. I thought "cool this will be like mine will be after uncorking, and it seems FAST." I know it will not be as fast, but I expected close...

It is nothing like the 100D. Honestly I can't tell a difference from what it was before I took it in. I'll drive again tomorrow and see if I feel differently.

You need to check on Tesla’s API thingy, where the performance configuration or whatever it’s called has changed from P3 to P1. That’s how you know for sure that your car has been uncorked. Sorry for my use of all these technical terms.

As for me, I got my car back after uncorking yesterday. Man, talk about a boot in the rump! Takeoff from a standing start is immediate, almost harsh, and the acceleration build up is robust and definitely “beefier” than before.

I’m more in love with my Tesla than ever!

You need to check on Tesla’s API thingy, where the performance configuration or whatever it’s called has changed from P3 to P1. That’s how you know for sure that your car has been uncorked. Sorry for my use of all these technical terms.

As for me, I got my car back after uncorking yesterday. Man, talk about a boot in the rump! Takeoff from a standing start is immediate, almost harsh, and the acceleration build up is robust and definitely “beefier” than before.

I’m more in love with my Tesla than ever!

Thanks, I went and learned how to do this, and my configuration is P1. I guess I was anesthetized to the performance change by driving the 100D all day. I'll try again when the rain stops!

Thanks, I went and learned how to do this, and my configuration is P1. I guess I was anesthetized to the performance change by driving the 100D all day. I'll try again when the rain stops!

There are two settings that need changed:

PERF_CONFIG to P1

and

PERF_ADD_ON to UNCORKED

if both aren't changed, you won't be uncorked. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to see what PERF_ADD_ON is set to. If you haven't noticed a significant 0-60 change, you should go back to the SC and have them check if the uncorking really took.

• Informative
Reactions: BerTX
ok so service center in denver tells me our 2/2017 model s is not eligible...Via phone after we upgraded to 75d 3 days ago. How can i escalate this above them as they dont seem to have a clue?

AP1 Model X's got the uncork. Clue #1 for them

Copies of uncork service orders would also be Clue #2 for them

Can call a different service center and schedule it and then tell the first one to get their head out of their ass and get with the program.

there is only 1 service center in denver :( the woman there seemed to be condescending in her attitude.-she said someting like its only .3 second increase....huh? I think some people at service centers are clueless...i need to escalate but how?

Last edited:
there is only 1 service center in denver :( the woman there seemed to be condescending in her attitude.-she said someting like its only .3 second increase....huh? I think some people at service centers are clueless...i need to escalate but how?
Have you done the executive escalation from the My Tesla page? I received a call within a few hours saying “yes” after being told “no” through other avenues.

Is over 70% some soft of plateau, where over that the extra power is marginal?

No but there is a proportional relationship between soc and power output. At 90% I was seeing 357. As soc went down so did the power in a noteworthy fashion. I figured you should feel the increase of being uncorked but the higher the power level the more pronounced it may be. Admittedly I arbitrarily chose 70% as a suggestion...

ok so service center in denver tells me our 2/2017 model s is not eligible...Via phone after we upgraded to 75d 3 days ago. How can i escalate this above them as they dont seem to have a clue?
Looks like you’re in the same boat as me. Fremont will probably tell you your car’s eligible but that it needs an update with no given timeline before it can be done.

No but there is a proportional relationship between soc and power output. At 90% I was seeing 357. As soc went down so did the power in a noteworthy fashion. I figured you should feel the increase of being uncorked but the higher the power level the more pronounced it may be. Admittedly I arbitrarily chose 70% as a suggestion...

Thanks for this. I’ve only tried it a couple of times since being uncorked and because I’m in England it’s always wet this time of the year o_O. I’ve managed a 4.2 sec pulling 330kW at 69% SoC with a little spin on wet tarmac. 10 degrees temperature. I’ll give it another go when I get the combination of higher SoS and dry tarmac. Be about April :rolleyes:

Looks like you’re in the same boat as me. Fremont will probably tell you your car’s eligible but that it needs an update with no given timeline before it can be done.
mickie....if they tell us that we must have the only 2 magical cars that somehow have diff systems then the others from 2016 up to july 2017. Ours was built 2/2017-done a month earlier then they told us so we were rushed to pick it up and it was because of the model s line shutdown at that time to finish the model 3 line or something like that they told us-not that that has anything to do with it.
Sent message to tesla and said we want the 2k back if performance upgrade is not possible and they can put us back to a 60d. This is just ridiculous that pretty much every other 75d from 2016-2017 can be corked except ours and now also yours??? What update can ours need that others wouldnt need? Seems like bs.

mickie....if they tell us that we must have the only 2 magical cars that somehow have diff systems then the others from 2016 up to july 2017. Ours was built 2/2017-done a month earlier then they told us so we were rushed to pick it up and it was because of the model s line shutdown at that time to finish the model 3 line or something like that they told us-not that that has anything to do with it.
Sent message to tesla and said we want the 2k back if performance upgrade is not possible and they can put us back to a 60d. This is just ridiculous that pretty much every other 75d from 2016-2017 can be corked except ours and now also yours??? What update can ours need that others wouldnt need? Seems like bs.

@alehbaba, I was also told that my fall 2016 75D is not eligible even though I have seen other Tesla 75D owners in that same period are eligible for the uncorking. I submitted an escalation form and was told that it is not eligible. No one was able to give a reason why. What is weird that the Tesla service center and the call center said it was eligible and then later changed their mind after I dropped the car off for service. Does anyone have any idea why some 75D's are not eligible?

nrbutle...thats odd as well. So now we have 3 that are one offs and supposedly cannot be uncorked-eventhough other cars at same time from same factory and even at earlier manufacturing dates can be uncorked.? Have you gone to the service center and asked them to hookup to the diagnostics and then look at the settings with them and take these messages that mention some setting that must be above 3? And then ask them to uncork it anyhow?? I am almost at that point.I think the real reason is service centers can be clueless-even the home office has given wrong info. This is unacceptable from tesla.

i guess they ran out of standard fuses on the day our cars were built and grabbed for the old leftover one at the end of the day to finish up the battery pack and the next day the new fuses were delivered again?? this is what it seems like to me.

Got confirmation that my 75D (Vin:153xxx - Sept 2016) is not eligible for uncorking. Reason: "your car doesn't meet the HW specs"...
I can't believe that others with lower(earlier) VINs were eligible ... makes no sense ...
That's probably a "Europe-problem", hardly anyone in Europe is eligible (yet). Hopefully they'll roll out this into Europe. So far no successful attempts in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France as far as I know. Only new cars after July...

Reactions: gmorales