Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's probably a "Europe-problem", hardly anyone in Europe is eligible (yet). Hopefully they'll roll out this into Europe. So far no successful attempts in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France as far as I know. Only new cars after July...

The problem seems to be the VIN list isn’t accurate, so it’s not until the car is actually in the SC that they can check. I’m in the UK and had 4 no’s until they actually plugged it in.

Reactions: gmorales
from another thread>>>

rinkydink, Today at 12:54 PM
New Uncorked today at Gatwick SC, UK!

SC say they can’t tell 100% yet from the list of “eligible” VIN’s, so they need to physically connect to the car to confirm. The impression I was given was that most of the facelift cars will be eligible, but that there was a period of “crossover”, where it will effectively be pot luck. Some will win and some will lose unfortunately.

Now to update the tracker - how do I do it on an iPad? Any tips welcome!

ok update>>

The "other" guy we deal with at the service center now tells us it IS eligible to be uncorked!> Going monday to have this done. I dont know if the threat of asking for the 2k back and reset battery did anything but FREEMONT didnt respond and we reached out to "the other guy" we deal with at the local service center and he said eligible. So wel will see monday.

That's probably a "Europe-problem", hardly anyone in Europe is eligible (yet). Hopefully they'll roll out this into Europe. So far no successful attempts in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France as far as I know. Only new cars after July...
Was at my SC Nuremberg, Germany yesterday, primarily for another reason. Asked also for uncorking my 75D (VIN 194..., 05/17). Got a quick yes and it was also done immediately. And wow, what a difference now, amazing!

• Informative
Reactions: jgjongsma and DJP31
ow what to tell them to look for? after plugged in?
1)
2)
3)

In order to be elligable:

PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER has to be greater than 3

After successful uncorking the following will have changed:

PERF_CONFIG = P1
PERF_ADD_ON = UNCORKED

The PERF_CONFIG figure (but not the PERF_ADD_ON one) is available in TeslaFi under Performance Config so that one, at least, can be checked without SC.

exactly , that why I asked,
My SC states they could read out this remotely

We know the BMS sensor reading has to be greater than 3, but it's not conclusive that this can only be verified by the physical diagnostic check, nor indeed if it is the only check. There is so much disinformation around this subject - all caused by Tesla themselves IMO, the only way I think anyone can be sure is to have the diagnostic done at a SC.

We know the BMS sensor reading has to be greater than 3, but it's not conclusive that this can only be verified by the physical diagnostic check, nor indeed if it is the only check. There is so much disinformation around this subject - all caused by Tesla themselves IMO, the only way I think anyone can be sure is to have the diagnostic done at a SC.

indeed , but I far from sure that all SC’s know what they need to check...

indeed , but I far from sure that all SC’s know what they need to check...

That’s probably very true. I read somewhere on the many threads that the SC’s were all having training as the uncorking checking/doing was to be a routine part of the service visit. I guess one of the problems Tesla struggles with is the speed which social media distributes news - it travels faster than the new Roadster!

The statement I got from someone at the Amsterdam SC was: "let me just now create a service bulletin for your car, if it's eligible, it should appear on it." It didn't appear, obviously... That was 2 weeks ago, it's going in for service this Thursday. I'll definitely mention it.

The statement I got from someone at the Amsterdam SC was: "let me just now create a service bulletin for your car, if it's eligible, it should appear on it." It didn't appear, obviously... That was 2 weeks ago, it's going in for service this Thursday. I'll definitely mention it.

I’m of the view word spread about the uncorking faster than Tesla could update the eligibility list, such is the speed of social media.

Unless you have a very early facelift and are unlucky I’d be quietly confident you will get an uncorked car back from service.

just got back from SC and it is UNCORKED....wow...amazing speed like almost makes me sick to my stomach. The sc said going by vin only isnt enough that they need to go like 3 levels deeper in bulletins to check on the cars, I think they all maybe can be done at least 2017 cars...for sure...