Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
125xxx -- based on the data in the spreadsheet, I'd say I've got the lowest VIN that has been uncorkable! The other VINs are too low to be valid for those production dates, AFAIK.
So yours was built about a month after mine with a vin far lower (mine is 140xxx) yours is eligible and mine is not.

I'm still glad tesla did this for everyone who was eligible. I'm not going to accept my answer until next year's service where I will ask them to physically check while it is there.

Dave..have you taken the car in to the SC and actually asked them to hook it up and check the numbers of the BTS setting..
I have not. I've emailed my SC, service help na, and done the executive escalation.

I don't live anywhere near a SC and just had my annual service a few weeks before this was announced so it isn't easy for me to stop by.

I also hate being a pain. I won't mind asking that they check if I'm already there for something else though.

Me and Bart have nearly identical cars and we have both been shot down. If he ever finds out he is eligible then I'd bet I am too and vice versa.

It's totally cool that they're doing this but I don't understand why they can't just check the required parts and notify the people that have the required parts? Why do they insist on torturing folks? If they don't want to be inundated with people wanting to get the update then just let people know and let them schedule something.

So the only official way to check has to call the service center or email a service center and hope they know and or care enough to check properly?

I have not. I've emailed my SC, service help na, and done the executive escalation.

I don't live anywhere near a SC and just had my annual service a few weeks before this was announced so it isn't easy for me to stop by.

I also hate being a pain. I won't mind asking that they check if I'm already there for something else though.

Me and Bart have nearly identical cars and we have both been shot down. If he ever finds out he is eligible then I'd bet I am too and vice versa.

I had a nice chat with my Ranger - and he said,,,,due to a conflict/lawsuit about some 90/100 kW pack being not as advertised, Tesla decided to uncork everything. The 75's are just the obvious ones, but ...if it can be uncorked, it shall be done!!
So I pushed a little farther - is uncorking the same thing as getting a P+ condition? -answer.=> No...rear drive cars have a big motor, D cars have a small rear motor and a small front motor, and P cars have a large rear and a small front. Uncorking does not change the size of the motor, just some things about the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I had a nice chat with my Ranger - and he said,,,,due to a conflict/lawsuit about some 90/100 kW pack being not as advertised, Tesla decided to uncork everything. The 75's are just the obvious ones, but ...if it can be uncorked, it shall be done!!
So I pushed a little farther - is uncorking the same thing as getting a P+ condition? -answer.=> No...rear drive cars have a big motor, D cars have a small rear motor and a small front motor, and P cars have a large rear and a small front. Uncorking does not change the size of the motor, just some things about the battery.

Uncorking changes the fuse in the battery.

• Disagree
Reactions: rypalmer
I got my 75D Model X uncorked last weekend for a service visit. It is a June 2017 build. I took delivery in NY at the end of June. I noticed a palpable difference. Wife did not seem to notice much, but she has only driven it uncorked once. That's because I'm usually the one who prefers to drive now!

Having had the uncorked 75D for a couple of weeks now, I find I don't really use it much. It's great for a quick dash off the line, and probably regular acceleration is a little more spirited now, though I don't necessarily register that on my butt dyno due to familiarity with the change.

Last edited:
Here is my understanding... If the 75kWh battery is older, and the motor is capable, the battery fuse needs to be replaced to handle the new higher current provided to the motor to obtain the 0-60 times of 4.2 seconds.

Where do you get your understanding from please? My car (Dec 16) was uncorked a couple of weeks ago and no mention of hardware changes, and throughout this process it’s been all about software.

Now I get for the 3rd time the answer "not uncorkable" for S75D May 2017 VIN 186xxx Tesla told me because of the Battery built in my Model S it is denied. Still wondering if that is only a matter in Europe and of course I am unhappy with that information. See if a visit in the service center brings another result. Waiting for other TESLA customers in Europe have the same.

Now I get for the 3rd time the answer "not uncorkable" for S75D May 2017 VIN 186xxx Tesla told me because of the Battery built in my Model S it is denied. Still wondering if that is only a matter in Europe and of course I am unhappy with that information. See if a visit in the service center brings another result. Waiting for other TESLA customers in Europe have the same.

We are many in Sweden who previously was denied but now there is a flurry of uncorks. I got four negatives at first, two from SC and two from escalated ticked. Then BOOM!