Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Leftysmasher the advice above is spot on, and you might find this tracker useful so see the range of cars that have been uncorked.

Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

The other major issue has been the VIN list used to advise owners if their car can be uncorked is hopelessly inaccurate. If your car VIN range is on the tracker and you get told no, don’t take that as gospel. If you are not to far from a service centre take it in and ask them to plug the car in for the diagnostic check.

Odd. My MX last 6 digits are 0526XX. My mfr date is June 2017. I took delivery in June 2017. I got uncorked. I suggest that it's odd because it makes it appear that I have a model from earlier 2016.

Model S 60D AP 2.0 VIN: 173XXX
Called corporate 3 weeks ago to see if my 60D was eligible for the uncorking if I software updated to 75D. They said my car was definitely eligible, so I made an appointment for today with my service center 3 weeks ago after software updating to 75D. I then received a call yesterday from the service center saying that my car wouldn't be able to be uncorked, and they're confused as to why I was told so from corporate. I was really confused because I was redirected to corporate via the service center themselves, and now they're asking me who I spoke to. Well after bringing my physical car in to the shop today, they were able to complete the uncorking with ease. Pretty weird.

Exactly what happened to me a couple of days ago with Tesla on the phone. Although mine is not uncorked yet. It’s scheduled to be done while on the SC for the anual service next January... but they did pull the car logs to say it can be uncorked. If it works it will be a cool New Years present

That's some discipline. I just had my annual service done early just so I could get it uncorked. Its so awesome. My father in law was super impressed and invited over his friend just to be in it while we floored it. His friend's Z06 was slow in comparison (I'm sure in a 1/4 mile it would be closer but nothing beats 100% torque at 0mph).

The car is a feral beast but I'm getting used to it now. When SoC is <90% its not as noticable. <20% and it feels corked. Above 60mph and it doesn't have the same oomph.

• Informative
Reactions: Swift
Model S 60D AP 2.0 VIN: 173XXX
Called corporate 3 weeks ago to see if my 60D was eligible for the uncorking if I software updated to 75D. They said my car was definitely eligible, so I made an appointment for today with my service center 3 weeks ago after software updating to 75D. I then received a call yesterday from the service center saying that my car wouldn't be able to be uncorked, and they're confused as to why I was told so from corporate. I was really confused because I was redirected to corporate via the service center themselves, and now they're asking me who I spoke to. Well after bringing my physical car in to the shop today, they were able to complete the uncorking with ease. Pretty weird.

Corporate will have looked at the logs, the service centre the VIN list, which is inaccurate. Then when the centre plug it in all is good.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
As usual, Tesla employees just makes stuff up to excuse their organizational incompetence. There is no hardware needed for uncorking. Tesla employees do this stuff all the time (make stuff up). Its so pathetic.

Just ask for your car immediately and you can get the uncork later. They are probably just misleading you about a delivery delay.

So, for those keeping score at home I pressed my OA for the real story on the delay and the uncorking and pointed out that all wisdom suggested that there was no "part" needed for the uncorking. In her defense, she did fall on her sword and responded quickly with a "I didn't get my communications correct from the SCs that I have been dealing with and here is the real story":

The car, which was supposedly delivered from Dallas to Houston last Monday, actually never left Dallas and is only coming to Houston today, Friday. The delay was related to the dead 12v battery which was being worked on by the Dallas SC and the entire story about needing a part delivered from Dallas to aid in the uncorking was completely untrue.

So... car is supposed to be here today in Houston getting the SOFTWARE uncorking and will now be delivered to the house tomorrow at noon.

To the OA's credit, she was very responsive and I'm sure they don't always get the bet of communications from the busy SCs long distance.

I'm such an understanding (almost) owner ;)

December 2016 custom built 75D 172XXX VIN uncorked Wednesday last week. Difference was significant and immediately noticeable. Got some "before" measurements with Dashboard for Tesla on 0-60 to make sure the perceived difference wasn't in my head. Haven't had a good "after" test but even with a slipped launch I got 4.5, which was .749 faster than my best run before.

I had a script to monitor it on my phone so I was watching it as they performed the update, but after the uncork they bumped me from .42 to .46.8 which removed the perf_config flag.

This is limited due to the 60-70-75 having a 350V battery while the 85-90-100 having a 400V battery, thus uncorking will not increase your Supercharging speeds.

The "original" 70 and 70 D (before 75) has a peak Supercharging power at 114 kW regardless of the lower 350 V battery voltage. Hopefully we could have uncorking for them too...

Reactions: BartJ
Had my 75D uncorked yesterday, and just did a 0-60 run using powertools a few hours ago. Those numbers are definitely corked numbers, but my battery was cold. I was near full charge, however that run was only about 5 minutes into my first drive of the day. Didn't have full regen yet, could that be why? If my battery was fully warm, would it then show uncorked numbers?

Edit: Also just signed up for TeslaFi, it shows this: [perf_config] => P3

Attachments

• 0-60.png
    0-60.png
    668 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Had my 75D uncorked yesterday, and just did a 0-60 run using powertools a few hours ago. Those numbers are definitely corked numbers, but my battery was cold. I was near full charge, however that run was only about 5 minutes into my first drive of the day. Didn't have full regen yet, could that be why? If my battery was fully warm, would it then show uncorked numbers?

Edit: Also just signed up for TeslaFi, it shows this: [perf_config] => P3

You're still corked. Should show P1