Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to upgrade from 60 to 75 anyways. If that helps qualify for uncorking somehow, or get me part way towards a hardware upgrade to allow uncorking, all the better.

I have a 9/16 delivery S60D, VIN 160XXX. I am due for my one year now, so I plan to ask my SC tomorrow. If I have to upgrade to a 75D to get uncorked, then I will definitely do it. Well worth $2k for that type of performance upgrade. Took me far more to improve my previous ICE cars.

I have a 9/16 delivery S60D, VIN 160XXX. I am due for my one year now, so I plan to ask my SC tomorrow. If I have to upgrade to a 75D to get uncorked, then I will definitely do it. Well worth $2k for that type of performance upgrade. Took me far more to improve my previous ICE cars.
Right but I have a RWD (not D) so of course I'm curious about that uncorking path if at all.

I could not agree more with your comment above. Anxious to hear what they tell you. Something tells me I’ll be upgrading to 75 this week and my SC appointment excuse will be for upgraded “badging” in order to get in for my uncorking.

Wonder what this does to 1/4 mile time on 75Ds...

Reactions: caltechkid
I could not agree more with your comment above. Anxious to hear what they tell you. Something tells me I’ll be upgrading to 75 this week and my SC appointment excuse will be for upgraded “badging” in order to get in for my uncorking.

Wonder what this does to 1/4 mile time on 75Ds...
12.87 secs.....uncorked (June purchase!)....but very very cold nite....I expect this number to drop in warmer weather

Reactions: Windy City S
Teslas internal bulletins to the SCs only concern 75Ds and 100Ds, so your chances seem small :(
Unfortunately more like none-existent. The service bulletin was from Thursday, I was at the SC on Friday and was given a look at the screen with the vehicle tags. At that point our S 75 was not eligible for uncorking. We have a service appointment in a month, so we'll see if anything is going to change till then. :(

This is HUGE!! Tesla knows how to keep their customers happy :)
Really? Speak for yourself. They improved performance on new RWD a couple months ago but now cannot do anything for those of us with slightly older RWD? I don’t believe it and am anything but happy. Increasing AWD performance and leaving RWD in the dust just decreased my resale value.

Really? Speak for yourself. They improved performance on new RWD a couple months ago but now cannot do anything for those of us with slightly older RWD? I don’t believe it and am anything but happy. Increasing AWD performance and leaving RWD in the dust just decreased my resale value.
Fully agree! I'm not that hot for more performance, but I am concerned about the resale value that's going to take a hit because of that matter as well.

We need our own "All about RWD 75 uncorking" thread, because this is again intermixing in a thread about 75Ds.

Reactions: KyleDay
If we speculate that this may be the case, how would that explain the faster 0-60 times for inventory cars built prior to June but after the unveiling of of the 75D? Do we think they replaced the rear drive motors on each inventory 75 to achieve these faster times for inventory 75 RWDs?
I didn't think any pre June RWD 75s had been uncorked? I figured the new hardware mentioned was the new drive unit fitted to AWD and RWD cars and that the old drive unit in combination with front motor was sufficient in the D. If pre June RWD cars have been uncorked then they must be maxing out that rear motor but who knows with electric motors, I've seen 500w e bike motors pushing 1500w

I know right

I wish all car companies would stop making changes and improvements because resale value.

Teslas internal bulletins to the SCs only concern 75Ds and 100Ds, so your chances seem small :(

Are the 100 D‘s really already part of the party and on the existing internal bulletins? I pretty much assume that technicaly a 3.x seconds 0-60 is feasible and just waiting for the right time ...
  • when some demand push is needed for the 100D
  • Some competition vehicle comes close to the old 4.x performance,
  • production capacity of the 100 batteries fits to a demand oush
In any case, it would be great and makes utmost sense to have a reasonable price difference justification / added customer value for the new vehicle lineup 75D / 100D / 100P

A separate thread will make sense for the 100D once we have some more evidence - i hope we need it soon :)

I didn't think any pre June RWD 75s had been uncorked? I figured the new hardware mentioned was the new drive unit fitted to AWD and RWD cars and that the old drive unit in combination with front motor was sufficient in the D. If pre June RWD cars have been uncorked then they must be maxing out that rear motor but who knows with electric motors, I've seen 500w e bike motors pushing 1500w

As an owner of a 2017 May build June delivered S75 RWD, VIN 203xxx, I am obviously following all of these threads very closely. I have seen the evolution of our assumptions change over time as more information from owners comes pouring in. Here is a quick summary of what I've seen in the various threads that was thought to be required for the upgrade:

- new drive unit
- BTX8 vs BTX5 battery
- old drive unit combined with front motor (AWD only)
- “performance” incolnel contactors
- pyro\software fuses
- potential wiring harness differences

I will continue to follow these threads because everyone does a great job of keeping each other informed of progress on these topics. Back in July, no one thought they would be offering uncorking to pre July 1 cars and now we know they are not only offering it, but not charging for it. I'm holding out hope for all us S75 RWD owners since nothing that I've seen to date has officially eliminated us from the upgrade.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and Ghosty