Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought mine as a 70D and upgraded the battery to 75when the price dropped last April.
My car is confirmed eligible and I’m booked in for upgrade Monday week.
VIN 1517xx build 08/2016.
That's a good sign. Maybe my service advisor didn't have time to check my vin today or maybe cars that are still 60D configuration don't show eligibility. I'm guessing I'll have to upgrade to 75 anyway

The extra range is nice. Even going 70 to 75 has been useful for me.
Only negative is the illusion of slower supercharging :)
I love charging to 100% every day even though it's an illusion but I recently drove Melbourne to Adelaide and the extra 50km would have come in handy although I still made it with the 60D, there was slight "range anxiety"(hate that term) but more likely because I wasn't patient enough to fully charge at the SCs

I know right

I wish all car companies would stop making changes and improvements because resale value.

Dude. I got my Model S 75D on August 28th. Three days later they make the new performance official. I knew NOTHING when I signed the contract in mid June.

In another few weeks they lower the price, they make air suspension free and when I contact my salesman about 2-3 weeks after getting my car about a possible trade in because I felt like a fool they offer me 754 000 Swedish crowns for it. I bought it for 1 018 000 crowns. That's like 25% drop in value in just a few weeks.

To make matters even worse I was told I was going to get the electrically powered boot opening and didn't need to spec the premium package. So when the salesman offer me a 75D they have in store without the premium pack I thought it would have the electric version. On deliverance day I was actually looking for the button to close the boot. Asked the guy in charge and he said. "No, this car doesn't have that."

I'm not happy. Not happy at all. You see, a normal car manufacturer doesn't roll out improvements out of the blue like Tesla does. They never make major changes in the same model year and if they make major changes at all to a car model they will tell you months in advance what will change.

Reactions: MIT_S60
ps. My 75D is 180xxx. Anyone with the same that's been "uncorked"? I feel it's the very least Tesla can do for me. I'm actually still trying to sell my car. Probably getting a used 90D -16 or a P85D -15 instead. If I get the better performance I would however probably be willing to keep my car.

Got email (long) but bottom line is:

"Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers."

For those who want it, "...our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit."

Wow...

Great news GaryREM. Can you possibly post the complete response from Tesla and whom/what part of Tesla that gave you this response?

Yes I wonder if cars will be made eligible at a later date and they are slowly updating the database or updating batches of VINs. I just hope it's not all 60D upgraded to 75D cars that are ineligible
I had a march 17 60D later upgraded to 75D in August. Vin 189xxx. Was uncorked this past Thursday/Friday.

So as a few people have said, this all comes down to your particular car. Try calling the SC with most up to date database. Gluck!

Reactions: number12
Dear friends who aren’t eligible. Stop being so butt hurt when Tesla tries to make their cars better.

If it made YOUR car better, surely you wouldn’t have a problem with that. I have a 75D upgraded from 60. Hoping I’ll be eligible. If not, I’ll be a little let down but you won’t hear whining about my resell value or how unfair life is.

I’m happy to see tesla trying to improve cars even though they don’t have to. They don’t owe us any performance upgrades after delivery.

Maybe Tesla just isn’t for some people I guess.

I called the SC this morning and they saw the firmware update for my VIN related to the enhanced performance. They told me that there is no need to make a SC appointment since it will be completed through an over-the-air firmware update which is confusing since it seems like everyone else has had to go in for a mechanical adjustment as well. Thoughts?

I called the SC this morning and they saw the firmware update for my VIN related to the enhanced performance. They told me that there is no need to make a SC appointment since it will be completed through an over-the-air firmware update which is confusing since it seems like everyone else has had to go in for a mechanical adjustment as well. Thoughts?

Doing this OTA would be really great, but yes that contradicts everything mentioned so far

Dear friends who aren’t eligible. Stop being so butt hurt when Tesla tries to make their cars better.

If it made YOUR car better, surely you wouldn’t have a problem with that. I have a 75D upgraded from 60. Hoping I’ll be eligible. If not, I’ll be a little let down but you won’t hear whining about my resell value or how unfair life is.

I’m happy to see tesla trying to improve cars even though they don’t have to. They don’t owe us any performance upgrades after delivery.

Maybe people want it to go both ways.. tesla has made old cars worse plenty of times. (AP, media, throttling, etc)

People are not "butt hurt" they are just excited about getting something they signed up for... a car that has the ability to get better with time.

Last edited:

You're right. Tesla probably isn't for me. I'll buy a Mercedes, Porsche or BMW the moment I can get something similar for similar money.

Maybe people want it to go both ways.. tesla has made old cars worse plenty of times. (AP, media, throttling, etc)

People are not "butt hurt" they are just excited about getting something they signed up for... a car that has the ability to get better with time.

They're improving the car all of the time as far as i see. I took ownership of mine in Early May and they are constantly adding new features and improving autopilot. I vote for tesla trying to improve all cars all of the time. Some may get luckier than others, but this is a really cool thing to do IMO. Like i said, if my car isn't uncorkable, i'll be bummed for a minute, but it'll be pretty awesome for those who are upgradable. I'll be a little envious, but it is what it is.

edit...just called (Denver fwiw). the service girl said they've been getting a ton of calls starting this last weekend and she just got her "list" this morning. i'm happy to say that i'm one of the lucky ones. i'm pretty stoked. she said i would have to wait until my next service appointment. i can't imagine waiting until my one year appointment which is a little more than 6 months away. So, what's my excuse for a service appointment? :)

VIN 195xxx (upgraded from 60D btw. ordered in early april 2017. delivered in early may)

Last edited: