Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I refuse to lose hope… Have any 60D owners successfully called and been told yes they were eligible prior to having upgraded their car to a 75D? If so, can you share your build date as well? Thanks!

Me, 60D, 195XXX, no. Haven't heard of any 60D uncorked.

Tesla, if you're reading this, please provide a list of existing 60D VINs that are eligible for performace uncorking if the owner upgrades to a 75D.

Reactions: Windy City S
Do you know how the service center determined you were eligible? My car is currently at the Highland Park SC (Chicago) and they thought I’d have to upgrade first and then I might be uncorkable, but they couldn’t say for sure. Also, what is your VIN?

Highland Park seems to be less certain than the other service centers. I called them a bunch and they didn't answer on Saturday (to phone calls and email). After they failed to respond, I called Tyson's Corner and they confirmed my car was eligible (yay). The service center shouldn't go off the prior bulletin but rather the latest one from Friday (apparently in the WARP system).

After I called Highland Park again today, they finally answered and told me, initially, that I was ineligible (despite what Tyson's Corner said). After persisting, they acknowledged the WARP system said I could be uncorked but they still believed my car was too old for the uncorking and they would need to confirm it. Nevertheless I have an appointment Nov 2 and I will insist that they uncork it because it is eligible in their system (that information was known to them and they refused to uncork me a month ago). Hopefully it is smooth sailing.

Reactions: renshcp
I am on of them. I have a service appointment tomorrow and am up debating whether I should upgrade now. :(
Convince yourself (or, wife) you'll get the $2K back when you trade it in for your next Tesla... then it's really a free upgrade ;)

------------------------------------
Edit: I stepped away and thought about this. Will an uncorked 75D be worth $2K more than a corked 60D at trade in? I think so. In fact, I think you'll be positive on your $2K "investment", so go for it, you'll be loosing money if you don't ;)

Last edited:
Just called SC, June 2016 build #147XXX, IS eligible. (60D upgraded to 75D a few months ago)
Same here.

Houston Westchase confirmed uncorking eligibility for my S75D, nee S60D.

VIN: 178xxx, build date early-Jan 2017. Upgraded a few months ago from 60 >>> 75.

FWIW I also opted for the upgraded (72amp) onboard charger. Unsure what impact this plays, if any, in Tesla deciding which fuse went in the car.
“Only vehicles factory configured and ordered as 75D will be able to uncorked, 60kWh upgraded to 75kWh is not eligible.”
Strange. Maybe try another service center?

Alternatively, press to see if your car carries the upgraded fuse. Might be a backdoor way to quasi-confirm the upgrade without actually upgrading.

Finally got ahold of a SC and they told me my car was not eligible but could explain nothing more. My car is currently a 60D and I am willing to upgrade on the drop of a dime, but don't want to if they cannot guarantee I am eligible if I do so.
If the SCs won't confirm eligibility for the upgrade nor the upgraded fuse for your car, you can always wait for the next natural disaster, drive into the storm, hope Tesla opts for the temporary courtesy unlock, don't die, make it to a non-destroyed SC, request the uncorking, hope your eligible, get it uncorked, and then bank on Tesla not downgrade it when the courtsey unlock expires. If that works, you'll have a truly unique car: Performance S60D!

Me, 60D, 195XXX, no. Haven't heard of any 60D uncorked.

Tesla, if you're reading this, please provide a list of existing 60D VINs that are eligible for performace uncorking if the owner upgrades to a 75D.
if 60d can be uncorked i hope they will do it..unless for some reason the uncorking requires full use of the battery and locked batteries have some sort of inability to be uncorked??? Dont know unless they want 60 owners to fork over another 2k to become eligible(like a membership fee?lol) and for x members the fee is 4500

I think there would be a lot of 60D owners willing to drop $2K for the extra range and acceleration
not us....the car already is plenty expenzive and 2k doesnt grow in trees around here. I wont be "blackmailed" into giving 2k to tesla for 40 miles and an extra second of 0-60 speed. I mean if a 60d "can" be uncorked they should just do it for the owners sake who already dropped 75+k.

Reactions: Gur814
Convince yourself (or, wife) you'll get the $2K back when you trade it in for your next Tesla... then it's really a free upgrade ;)

------------------------------------
Edit: I stepped away and thought about this. Will an uncorked 75D be worth $2K more than a corked 60D at trade in? I think so. In fact, I think you'll be positive on your $2K "investment", so go for it, you'll be loosing money if you don't ;)
but you wont get it back...lol...it wont depreciate any less

Same here.

Alternatively, press to see if your car carries the upgraded fuse. Might be a backdoor way to quasi-confirm the upgrade without actually upgrading.

If the SCs won't confirm eligibility for the upgrade nor the upgraded fuse for your car, you can always wait for the next natural disaster, drive into the storm, hope Tesla opts for the temporary courtesy unlock, don't die, make it to a non-destroyed SC, request the uncorking, hope your eligible, get it uncorked, and then bank on Tesla not downgrade it when the courtsey unlock expires. If that works, you'll have a truly unique car: Performance S60D!

haha..apparently they can also un uncork you at any times in the future as someone stated who uncorked their own 60d.

Do you know how the service center determined you were eligible? My car is currently at the Highland Park SC (Chicago) and they thought I’d have to upgrade first and then I might be uncorkable, but they couldn’t say for sure. Also, what is your VIN?

WARP system. At first the service center didn't know what I was talking about on the new bulletin but armed with the data from this forum, we got it done. VIN 145XXX, June 2016 build.

For anyone that has gotten confirmation that their 75D is or is not performance upgradable, can you check what the battery part number is? You can see it from the passenger side front wheel well, at the back of the tire. It will be on a white label on the gray battery pack with the top line "75kWh,350VDC" Below that is the part number like: 1088794-00-A

We may be able to tell without contacting service if the battery is suitable or not, perhaps by the part number. It seems there are two battery types, one upgradable and one not.
Nope, that's not it. With the rare exception of the BTX8 battery (85 kWh software-limited to 75 kWh) all facelift RWD and AWD 60/70/75 have the same battery pack with part number 1088794-00-A, as does our RWD S 75 that was manufactured in July 2016.