Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S60D 174XXX VIN, told I was ineligible by Burbank, given no explanation as to why/how this determination was made.
I have a 60D that I upgraded to 75D a couple months ago. When I called the Denver SC last Friday, they told me my VIN (147xxx) wasn't eligible. I emailed TeslaNA and asked them. They told me I was eligible. I called the SC back and they are now telling me that I am eligible. I have an appointment scheduled to get it done in 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's because you haven't upgraded or if they were just wrong. Might be worth asking?

Thank you for contacting Tesla regarding your Model X being uncorked. I apologize for any inconvenience the delay in response has caused. Unfortunately your Model X is not eligible for the uncork upgrade as the build date on your vehicle falls before December 2016. I hope this information is useful and if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us 24/7 at 877-798-3752.

Thank you and have a great day,

That is what I got from emailing about a 60D. The inconsistency seems to be getting worse.

I have a 60D that I upgraded to 75D a couple months ago. When I called the Denver SC last Friday, they told me my VIN (147xxx) wasn't eligible. I emailed TeslaNA and asked them. They told me I was eligible. I called the SC back and they are now telling me that I am eligible. I have an appointment scheduled to get it done in 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if it's because you haven't upgraded or if they were just wrong. Might be worth asking?
One speculation is that the VIN list is not complete and they continue to add VINs manually after case by case, car by car review. When you contact Tesla hq they will review it (making your car jump to front of queue) and put you in the list if not already. So now you are eligible.

Reactions: MikeKFE
my guess is anyone who unlocks from 60d to 75 d in the future in usa will likely get the performance update as well...i mean why would they unlock the battery and then NOT give the performance update????Aside from the car not being eligible i guess. Its not like the performance update will be gone in 6 months if you want to wait till then to unlock.

IMG_5447.PNG

Before uncorking: 0-60 in 5.001 seconds @ 52% SOC / 277KW / 378 HP / Ext Temp 90s
After uncorking: 0-61 in 4.000 seconds @ 91% SOC / 343 KW / 469 HP / Ext Temp 70

my guess is anyone who unlocks from 60d to 75 d in the future in usa will likely get the performance update as well...i mean why would they unlock the battery and then NOT give the performance update????Aside from the car not being eligible i guess. Its not like the performance update will be gone in 6 months if you want to wait till then to unlock.
Battery unlocking is very fast. As soon as you complete payment online, the car restarts and your battery is unlocked. Sounds like they may have to flash the firmware of the drive unit or battery over a wired connection to complete uncorking.

Thanks but we've long since resolved this (see my subsequent posts in this thread).

Did they have to see the car to determine eligibility?
Did you get a written guarantee before upgrading?
Any other info for a desperate 60D owner? $4500 is a bigger jump then $2k. Willing to do it but it would be only for performance as I do not need range.

No and no, just a VIN check was needed (after being told no a bunch of times early on as you've likely read by now). I made the point about the fuse and had them check to make sure I had the correct fuse and they said I did after taking a few hours to look into it (be suspicious of an immediate answer). The funny thing was I was originally told keeping it as a 60D would be just fine and I wouldn't need to upgrade....but within 10 mins of leaving the SC I was called and told it was for upgraded models only...so yeah, sold some stock to pay for the upgrade =)

This article is soooooo wrong. Some European cars got the BTX8 85kW battery. We know there were hundreds because you can track the inventory models on sites like EV-CPO. But we track some in the Updated Performance Metrics. They do get uncorked and are the fasted 75Ds anywhere.

I have a S75D (VIN 198xxx) with the BTX8 battery, delivered June 30th, 2017. Was informed by SC that it is not eligible for uncorking... Following I sent an elevated inquiry via MyTesla and at first they responded that the SC must have thought I had a RWD vehicle. Shortly after the SC mailed me that they had checked again and still saying it is ineligible. I just find this hard to believe...