Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, thanks for your comforting advice. I'd be happy to provide that for you tomorrow morning. Did these guys get their car uncorked after delivery, so we know there aren't required any hardware modifcations to the vehicle?
They are both after delivery but almost certainly there was no hardware involved. rmr's VIN 196xxx delivery was delayed, uncorked before delivery but after manufacture. kwillers VIN 203xxx has a US manufacture date of 12 June 2017 but a 15 August 2917 Netherlands manufacture date.

I'm within 50 of your vin. Also ineligible. Build date May 16. Built as a 70D upgraded to 75 before delivery.

I'm tempted to email service help to get a second opinion but I have a pretty long history with the person I emailed from my SC so I doubt he was wrong.

Misinformed and wrong are different. I would email and call other SCs

Can someone elaborate on what TeslaFi is or how to confirm it was applied correctly? I am scheduled for the performance upgrade on Nov 13th. Upgraded to 75D last night!

It's a website that, once you give it an access token, will poll data from your car, GPS location, power levels, speed, fan speed, charge rates etc and it logs all of it and gives you a historic view of everything you've done with your car basically.

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

I believe it's a 2 week trial and then goes to a pay service, you can use my referral code (Mirlen) if you want for another 2 weeks. I have no affiliation with them other than being an addicted user. I find it invaluable to track my client site visits since it maps my drives and stores the mileage and time out/in for each site I visit. Then each month I can easily see my kWh put into my car and see my costs etc.

To see this parameter in TeslaFi login to your account, get your polling setup and then once it's getting data go down to the bottom and click the icon:

upload_2017-10-28_18-59-49.png

This is the raw API data, click edit layout, and make one of the columns "Performance Config" then ave and return to the API data view and you'll see what it's polling for that data.

upload_2017-10-28_19-1-49.png

I wrote a PowerShell script to query the performance config of the car. If you install the Tesla API Powershell Module from here:

GitHub - JonnMsft/TeslaPSModule: Control your Tesla vehicle from PowerShell

You can run the following script in PowerShell ISE to determine the performance status of the car. This is based on the information I got from Akiron's documentation and assumes that a "perf_config" value of "P1" means uncorked while "P3" mean corked. It's functionally the same as doing the API calls, except the script does all the auth work so you don't have to go back and forth copy/pasting your bearer token:

$MyUserName = "TypeYourUserNameHereBetweenTheQuotes"
$MyPassword = "TypeYourPasswordHereBetweenTheQuotes"

#Check for presense of Tesla API Powershell Module

if((get-module -name Tesla) -eq $null)
{
write-output "Tesla Powershell Module not installed. Please download and install ths module from: GitHub - JonnMsft/TeslaPSModule: Control your Tesla vehicle from PowerShell and re-run this script"
}

if($Token -eq $null)
{

$SecPasswd = ConvertTo-SecureString $MyPassword -AsPlainText -Force

$MyCreds = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ($MyUserName, $SecPasswd)

$Token = Get-TeslaToken -Credential ($MyCreds)
}

$Vehicle = Get-TeslaVehicles -Token $Token

$VehicleSummaryOutput = Get-TeslaVehicleSummary $Vehicle -Token $Token

$VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state

if($VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state.perf_config -eq "P3")
{
write-output "Your vehicle's performance configuration is ""corked"". Your performance configuration flag is set to ""$($VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state.perf_config)""."
}
elseif($VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state.perf_config -eq "P1")
{
write-output "Your vehicle's performance configuration is ""uncorked"" Your performance configuration flag is set to ""$($VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state.perf_config)""."
}
else
{
write-output "Your vehicle's performance configuraion is unknown. The output of your performance configuration is ""$($VehicleSummaryOutput.vehicle_state.perf_config)"", which is not a value this script recognizes"
}

Reactions: phaduman and whitex
I was initially told now. Upon some research, they said if i upgraded to 75d i can uncork.

Still not enough incentive for me. The car goes far enough and fast enough for me. But good to know i can go further and faster in the future if i choose.

I was initially told now. Upon some research, they said if i upgraded to 75d i can uncork.

Still not enough incentive for me. The car goes far enough and fast enough for me. But good to know i can go further and faster in the future if i choose.

Confirmed as well - VIN:158XXX - Currently a S60D - tonight will be a S75D
Plenty of incentive for me - already down 7K from the original price (9K), the car already does go far enough and is fast, but fast is never fast enough. :)

Reactions: Windy City S
Upgrade confirmed - 169XXX, inventory MS, built 11/2016 as S75D, ordered in 3/2017 as S60D, delivered 5/2017 and the SC had not "locked" the battery when I arrived. Since the unlock price had dropped to $2k by then, I just paid it and left in an S75D...

Upgrade scheduled 11/15!

Also updated the spreadsheet