Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was initially told now. Upon some research, they said if i upgraded to 75d i can uncork.

Still not enough incentive for me. The car goes far enough and fast enough for me. But good to know i can go further and faster in the future if i choose.
we feel the same way.content as is 60d plus 2k is alot of $$$ for us..but if we call the SC here in denver can they tell us if we do indeed unlock in the future to a 75d we will also be able to uncork??? can they tell this?

wow another who upgraded from 60d-75d and told no??? thats 2 now

Update: I sent an escalation through the web page Saturday evening and received a phone call this morning from the headquarters. I was told that I am indeed eligible and he setup an appointment for the upgrade this afternoon. The tech showed up at 2:35pm and has done his configuration change. Now waiting for the software update to finish.

One detail during the phone call caught my attention: He laughed when I told him that some hardware was different from other cars, and asked, "Tesla Raleigh told you that?"

I was initially told now. Upon some research, they said if i upgraded to 75d i can uncork.

Still not enough incentive for me. The car goes far enough and fast enough for me. But good to know i can go further and faster in the future if i choose.

While I initially agreed with this, after doing some research I realized that a $2K investment will easily net you $2K and some, in comparison to an uncorked car. Look up your car's value as a 60D and then as a 75D. The ROI on it makes sense. This might be the only investment I've ever heard of on a car that may make it appreciate.

Reactions: dragonxt
Upgrade confirmed - 169XXX, inventory MS, built 11/2016 as S75D, ordered in 3/2017 as S60D, delivered 5/2017 and the SC had not "locked" the battery when I arrived. Since the unlock price had dropped to $2k by then, I just paid it and left in an S75D...

Upgrade scheduled 11/15!

Also updated the spreadsheet
Awesome! I am also 169xxx, built 11/16 scheduled for Nov 13th. Cannot wait! Jealous of the folks who are able to get in and out within a few days of finding out...

Update: I sent an escalation through the web page Saturday evening and received a phone call this morning from the headquarters. I was told that I am indeed eligible and he setup an appointment for the upgrade this afternoon. The tech showed up at 2:35pm and has done his configuration change. Now waiting for the software update to finish.

One detail during the phone call caught my attention: He laughed when I told him that some hardware was different from other cars, and asked, "Tesla Raleigh told you that?"

I also sent an email through this form (escalated) but got replied from ServiceHelpEU which obviously isn't the HQ. Do somebody know an email address I can use to contact anyone who can answer my question, not just speculate and make assumptions? Please PM.

Yeah, I hear that! Sorry, what a huge bummer... Hoping they get this figured out for you guys ASAP!

Assuming it is only a matter of time if they want to keep their overseas customers happy.

is it possible that Tesla may need to go through the regulatory/transport/legal authorities in those countries before making the performance improvements in your cars? Would there be clauses in those Govt regulations that say (typically for gasoline cars) that performance improvements might mean higher combustion/environmental impact and must get through approvals. Tesla would just have to file the papers and prove that those don't apply to EVs?

...Just wondering.

is it possible that Tesla may need to go through the regulatory/transport/legal authorities in those countries before making the performance improvements in your cars? Would there be clauses in those Govt regulations that say (typically for gasoline cars) that performance improvements might mean higher combustion/environmental impact and must get through approvals. Tesla would just have to file the papers and prove that those don't apply to EVs?

...Just wondering.

I don’t think so as we have the improved performance cars here based on the July announcement for new cars. I’m sure it’s just a gradual rollout, much like the software updates. Needless to say we are all waiting anxiously and the more I hear of cars getting upgraded with build dates going way back,the more confident I am that we’ll get the green light. Just a question of when!

Reactions: phaduman
Awesome! I am also 169xxx, built 11/16 scheduled for Nov 13th. Cannot wait! Jealous of the folks who are able to get in and out within a few days of finding out...
Really anxious to get the upgrade, but have couple little issues fixed at the same time - and the reality is - I'm really happy with the performance as it is... The added acceleration is just a little icing on the cake!

While I initially agreed with this, after doing some research I realized that a $2K investment will easily net you $2K and some, in comparison to an uncorked car. Look up your car's value as a 60D and then as a 75D. The ROI on it makes sense. This might be the only investment I've ever heard of on a car that may make it appreciate.
in the end maybe..but while you are driving it the 2k doesnt give you much you need...in the end of course if you trade in your car later the unlocking and uncorking will make it more valuable. I am sure a year from now the unlocking and uncorking will still be possible if we revisit that option at a later date. We plan to drive it till it dies!

I got an email telling me that I can get uncorked in spite of the SC telling me I couldn't a week and a half ago. Incidentally here's the email exchange for anyone interested:

Me: I wanted to double check my car's eligibility for the 75D performance "uncorking". Based on feedback I've seen in the forums, it seems like the list of which cars is eligible is a bit of a moving target. You can probably already see this info in the ticket but just in case my car is a Model S 75D and my VIN is BLAHBLAHBLAH. Thanks.

Exec Care: I am happy to report that you are eligible for the upgrade - see attachment. You just have to show up at your local service center, or scheduled an appointment, and this will take about 2 hours.

Me: Thank you for the quick response. I'm due for my annual service soon anyway so I'll go ahead and schedule that. Just out of curiosity, is the reason I was not initially eligible when I asked because Tesla is slowly rolling out eligibility for this upgrade to keep the service centers from getting mobbed?

Exec Care: Something like that, yes. I'm not sure exactly who or what executive team decided to only roll out the cars with production dates after July 1st initially, but I'm sure it had something to do with Engineering. I'm pretty sure at this point the upgrade is now open to the rest of eligible customers, and that there won't be another phase to this.

• Informative
Reactions: Swift
I got an email telling me that I can get uncorked in spite of the SC telling me I couldn't a week and a half ago. Incidentally here's the email exchange for anyone interested:

Me: I wanted to double check my car's eligibility for the 75D performance "uncorking". Based on feedback I've seen in the forums, it seems like the list of which cars is eligible is a bit of a moving target. You can probably already see this info in the ticket but just in case my car is a Model S 75D and my VIN is BLAHBLAHBLAH. Thanks.

Exec Care: I am happy to report that you are eligible for the upgrade - see attachment. You just have to show up at your local service center, or scheduled an appointment, and this will take about 2 hours.

Me: Thank you for the quick response. I'm due for my annual service soon anyway so I'll go ahead and schedule that. Just out of curiosity, is the reason I was not initially eligible when I asked because Tesla is slowly rolling out eligibility for this upgrade to keep the service centers from getting mobbed?

Exec Care: Something like that, yes. I'm not sure exactly who or what executive team decided to only roll out the cars with production dates after July 1st initially, but I'm sure it had something to do with Engineering. I'm pretty sure at this point the upgrade is now open to the rest of eligible customers, and that there won't be another phase to this.
What was the attachment?

Uncorked today, Performance_Config went to P1 within about 6 minutes of them having the car back, then they did a firmware update and then a test drive and gave the car back, took about an hour and half I'd say, maybe 1 hr 45... It definitely feels punchier, happy I had it done! Not so happy at all the traffic on the way home that precluded me from using it much :p

I get mine uncorked in 2 days. Called SC to confirm its on the menu. They had a change of tune (I also spoke with SC manager) and they totally understood uncorking now and how it applied all 75Ds. I emailed and called several times after the news broke and when I finally got a hold of someone in service at Highland Park they gave me the same spiel about my car being too old and WARP said eligible but that didn't matter. Stoked to get P85 performance.