Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when would you even really use that? getting on a freeway maybe but likely there will still be some slowpoke in front up ahead..lol. I know here in denver cops would love to catch a 3 sec 0-60 person driving on most roads that are 25-45 mph...

Eh, it's a "party trick" with no real world use, but its still neat to floor it from a dead stop, even if you let off at 45 or 50 MPH.

I'm still denied. Tried the SC, then tried service na. Denied again. I think "all 75Ds" is not true. I hope I'm wrong but it really looks like there is no hope for me.

What's your VIN? Have you tried contacting Tesla directly through MyTesla escalation? Others have had a lot of luck with that route. Not all SCs are in tune with the Mothership. They might need a kick in the rear.

when would you even really use that? getting on a freeway maybe but likely there will still be some slowpoke in front up ahead..lol. I know here in denver cops would love to catch a 3 sec 0-60 person driving on most roads that are 25-45 mph...

When I had a P85DL loaner I floored it on a 45mph road to 50mph from a stoplight (I was first in the intersection and I usually wait a second to ensure the intersection is clear before stomping). Sure enough as I peeled my head back, I spotted a cop. He saw me and gave me a thumbs up. YMMV.

What's your VIN? Have you tried contacting Tesla directly through MyTesla escalation? Others have had a lot of luck with that route. Not all SCs are in tune with the Mothership. They might need a kick in the rear.
I have a 140XXX vin. I saw one person with a lower vin get a yes. I saw a few people from the same month/year (May 16) get a yes. I am a really early refresh car so if there is an actual cutoff I'm likely it.

Is there really a difference between service escalation and the servicehelpna email?

I wish they would just give a real explanation of what the reasoning is.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I have a 140XXX vin. I saw one person with a lower vin get a yes. I saw a few people from the same month/year (May 16) get a yes. I am a really early refresh car so if there is an actual cutoff I'm likely it.

Is there really a difference between service escalation and the servicehelpna email?

Yes, go to your MyTesla and select the "executive escalation" option and send a communication through that. Emailing your service center is clearly not doing the trick (I never got a response to my emails when the news first broke).

Also, if you're in a pinch, I called Tyson's Corner SC in VA and Michael looked up my car. A bunch of us did that and some contributed to buying them pizza as a thank you because Michael was one of the first who researched this uncorking and could immediately tell you whether your car was actually eligible (he said yes and my SC responded 4 days later with a "maybe but your car is probably too old" response that has morphed into a "of course your car is eligible" response).

So do both, escalate through MyTesla and call Michael (and send him a small thank you gift if he says you're eligible) after you get your SC appointment.

Reactions: ACExpress

Yes, go to your MyTesla and select the "executive escalation" option and send a communication through that. Emailing your service center is clearly not doing the trick (I never got a response to my emails when the news first broke).

Also, if you're in a pinch, I called Tyson's Corner SC in VA and Michael looked up my car. A bunch of us did that and some contributed to buying them pizza as a thank you because Michael was one of the first who researched this uncorking and could immediately tell you whether your car was actually eligible (he said yes and my SC responded 4 days later with a "maybe but your car is probably too old" response that has morphed into a "of course your car is eligible" response).

So do both, escalate through MyTesla and call Michael (and send him a small thank you gift if he says you're eligible) after you get your SC appointment.
+1 to this. I got a positive result from this when I got a negative result from the SC. When I asked about the discrepancy, they said that the only cars they initially manufactured after the June/July 2017 time frame that didn't already have the improved performance but now they have rolled it out for the rest of the eligible cars and that they didn't think there would be more "phases". However, corporate is where the SCs seem to be getting their info about what cars aren't and aren't eligible so I'd say it's better to go straight to the horse's mouth (so to speak).

getting on a freeway maybe but likely there will still be some slowpoke in front up ahead

I've used it merging with traffic like that were a line of vehicles is approaching but road ahead is clear, and I can choose "in front" rather than "wait and merge-behind", also faster passing speed is helpful on rural roads around here where overtaking opportunities are limited ...

... but any loose junk, which isn't nailed-down, winds up in the trunk!! and a passenger who isn't both looking up and expecting it will most likely hate it. Even when I put my foot down to get onto a roundabout when space is a bit tight acceleration is uncomfortable for a passenger, so I only ever use it "solo"

Hugely bad for business that prospective customers hear the mess Tesla makes of these types of communication - although it seems to be, largely, sorted out in the USA there is still no word as to why "Your hardware not suitable" was ever given as a reason (and still seems to be the reason given to owners in Europe.)

I’ve emailed my SC
I’ve emailed via My Tesla
I’ve escalated via my Tesla

Despite asking specific questions, and giving them a ‘it’s a gradual rollout’ get out clause all I’m getting is the stock response:

“at the particular time your car was built, the powertrain was not designed for an enhanced level of performance"

Dec 16 build 60D updgraded to 75D April 17, VIN171XXX. Plenty older and same build date cars have the performance upgrade.

The only consolation at the moment is the rest of the UK/Europe are in the naughty corner along with me.

I’ve emailed my SC
I’ve emailed via My Tesla
I’ve escalated via my Tesla

Despite asking specific questions, and giving them a ‘it’s a gradual rollout’ get out clause all I’m getting is the stock response:

“at the particular time your car was built, the powertrain was not designed for an enhanced level of performance"

Dec 16 build 60D updgraded to 75D April 17, VIN171XXX. Plenty older and same build date cars have the performance upgrade.

The only consolation at the moment is the rest of the UK/Europe are in the naughty corner along with me.

That quote was the EXACT line I got from my SC via email.

The service help email said they double checked and my tesla is not eligible for the performance upgrade.

Well, you're taking the 0-60 thing way too literally. It's just a measurement of how fast a car is. If it makes 0-60 in a full second less it means that the cars is much faster. It feels more agile, it's more fun to drive... But necessary? Not at all. You're fine with a 0-60 time of 10+ seconds too. The 5,2 seconds is already much faster than you need to get from one place to another in normal traffic.

I remain amazed that Tesla senior people think that the confusion that this causes, and the time everyone wastes - including Tesla by the time that Owners ask their SC and then escalate, and then repeated re-ask - is acceptable
Yes, it clearly has become an even larger mess than anticipated, even though @JonMc wanted to clarify back in September when CPO vehicles were showing up with the uncorked specs (by error). But still, even Tesla Executive Care can not tell anything else than what they have been told at this point, so unless someone higher up in the command chain gives the order, nobody will receive a different reply.

Yes, it clearly has become an even larger mess than anticipated, even though @JonMc wanted to clarify back in September when CPO vehicles were showing up with the uncorked specs (by error). But still, even Tesla Executive Care can not tell anything else than what they have been told at this point, so unless someone higher up in the command chain gives the order, nobody will receive a different reply.

It is a mystery indeed. I read a post early on from a chap who was uncorked before it became official, and he said they had been running some cars uncorked for a while, making sure there were no issues before going public.

It’s bizarre that owners are getting no’s until they escalate and then they get a yes, although not necessarily at the first time of asking. Also the suggestion people should wait until their next scheduled SC visit was laughable - who’s going to do that with 1 second lopped off the 0-60 time!

I spoke with the service manager at HP Tesla. This is purely software (as has been confirmed ad nauseum). International customers will be uncorked but right now its North America only as they are still gathering data on potential warranty issues and techs are being trained on this (its not part of the standard automotive tech training).

They are quite pleased Tesla is able to squeeze out this level of performance and they should be. My car is getting uncorked today or early tomorrow (I have it in for annual service and winter tire swap).

Reactions: BartJ
I spoke with the service manager at HP Tesla. This is purely software (as has been confirmed ad nauseum). International customers will be uncorked but right now its North America only as they are still gathering data on potential warranty issues and techs are being trained on this (its not part of the standard automotive tech training).

They are quite pleased Tesla is able to squeeze out this level of performance and they should be. My car is getting uncorked today or early tomorrow (I have it in for annual service and winter tire swap).

Thanks for this @croman and encouraging to get a response that refers to international owners rather than the bland response we are getting officially - how difficult would it be for Tesla to put something out along those lines?

Hope the uncorking goes well, let us know!

Can you ask the service manager for his/her thoughts on the S75 RWD if it's also software or likely hardware difference when you stop by please?

Reactions: bsf29
The one thing I don't understand in all of this is how a car MUST be upgraded from 60D to 75D before they can confirm uncorking. If it's just software, they should be able to emulate it, no?

I'm wondering if it's a case of "someone would have to more manually look into it for you and, frankly, we're busy".

Reactions: BartJ