Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does anyone know how much it costs now to have a 60 unlocked to 75?

I don’t think it’s ever changed from the $2k that’s already been mentioned. It’s an OTA software switch but the uncorking isn’t. You have to have that done at a Service Centre.

There is a check they run on the BMS:

"PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBERhas to be greater than 3, in CarLogs.“

Once that check has been run successfully the uncorking takes about an hour or so., but it’s just software changes and reinstalling firmware. The uncorking is free, the $2k is for the battery unlock.

Reactions: Chopr147
Ok, that's not too bad. If I do end up getting a 60, I'll just drive it home and put the shipping budget to the batt unlock. Wonder if I can get them to do this by delivery... surely I could use all the extra range on a big roadtrip.
Maybe have the original owner do it, just add $2K to the car price. This way you won't have to wait for the ownership transfer to happen (which can take days to weeks) until you can manage your car in your Tesla account. When I did the 60->75 upgrade on one of our cars (a while back), the car updated minutes after the credit card charge was approved.

Quick question on uncorking.

I placed an order for a facelift 75D which is advertised as the usual 4.2s 0-60. This would mean it's uncorked but knowing how they operate and mistakes can slip in easily, is there an easy way for me to check and confirm it's indeed uncorked at/before delivery? Any other way apart from driving it and trying to measure a launch?

Reactions: BulldogsRus

I placed an order for a facelift 75D which is advertised as the usual 4.2s 0-60. This would mean it's uncorked but knowing how they operate and mistakes can slip in easily, is there an easy way for me to check and confirm it's indeed uncorked at/before delivery? Any other way apart from driving it and trying to measure a launch?
Wait.....hold the phone .......the bigger story here is you actually placed an order for a model S!!!!!!

:p

As far as checking well you could always call Tesla and ask but we all know how that will go....o_O

Wait.....hold the phone .......the bigger story here is you actually placed an order for a model S!!!!!!

:p

As far as checking well you could always call Tesla and ask but we all know how that will go....o_O

Lol, yes, I still can't believe it. I will open a thread with details but a little later. Not much to report so far. 24 hours since ordering and radio silence since.

I know I can ask, but I also know that if I ask 3 people from Tesla (if I get a chance to speak to anyone) I'll get 3 different answers.

Hoping it'll look like their pics of it:
Screenshot_3.jpg

you could connect up with one of the sites that offers you API information like teslafi.com. Once you can see the raw API data of your car you can tell if it's uncorked; I don't recall off the top of my head which config it is but if I wasn't lazy I would search it on this forum ....

Reactions: cucubits
Lol, yes, I still can't believe it. I will open a thread with details but a little later. Not much to report so far. 24 hours since ordering and radio silence since.

I know I can ask, but I also know that if I ask 3 people from Tesla (if I get a chance to speak to anyone) I'll get 3 different answers.

Hoping it'll look like their pics of it:
View attachment 473769
Congrats! What's up with the license plate holder?

you could connect up with one of the sites that offers you API information like teslafi.com. Once you can see the raw API data of your car you can tell if it's uncorked; I don't recall off the top of my head which config it is but if I wasn't lazy I would search it on this forum ....

Tesla removed the perf variable from the API so you can't check it any more.