Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

New owner here - picked up my 100D HW 2.0 about a month ago and this whole uncorking discussion is awesome. I missed out on HW 2.5 by about a few weeks but I have no regrets - from all the horror stories I've read about build quality - my car is perfect - with the exception of a rattle here and there :)

I love the experience so far - AP 2.0 is a bit wonky at times - but overall its been good - so long as I use it on highways. Summon is a bit scary from time to time and hates going into my garage - Canadian garages are far less forgiving and my driveway is a bit sunk so it chokes on that. This one time my buddy was standing a bit too close to rear bumper and it started turning half way out of the garage - almost wet my pants but it stopped with a few cms to spare. Another time it went into the garage and with its tail sticking out - started closing the garage door - would've been bad had i not been close by and engaged the safety sensor. Not complaining but its a learning experience and what I've learned is to test out all the features in isolation and with you being very close to the car.

I ran a quick dump of my config via API and here is what I see >>

{
"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "unavailable",
"autopark_state_v2": "ready",
"autopark_style": "dead_man",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_type": "models2",
"car_version": "2017.42 a88c8d5",
"center_display_state": 0,
"dark_rims": false,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,
"exterior_color": "Pearl",
"ft": 0,
"has_spoiler": false,
"homelink_nearby": true,
"last_autopark_error": "no_error",
"locked": true,
"notifications_supported": true,
"odometer": xxx,
"parsed_calendar_supported": true,
"perf_config": "P1",
"pf": 0,
"pr": 0,
"rear_seat_heaters": 1,
"rear_seat_type": 0,
"remote_start": false,
"remote_start_supported": true,
"rhd": false,
"roof_color": "Glass",
"rt": 0,
"seat_type": 2,
"spoiler_type": "None",
"sun_roof_installed": 0,
"sun_roof_percent_open": 0,
"sun_roof_state": "unknown",
"third_row_seats": "None",
"timestamp": 1509420739905,
"valet_mode": false,
"vehicle_name": "Arya",
"wheel_type": "AeroTurbine19"
}
}

I read on some of the forum posts that you have to have two values in there for uncorking i.e. perf_config and perf_add_on - with the latter having the value of "uncorked". Wondering if that means that the 100D still has some room for improvement?

Hey guys,

New owner here - picked up my 100D HW 2.0 about a month ago and this whole uncorking discussion is awesome. I missed out on HW 2.5 by about a few weeks but I have no regrets

You didn't miss out on HW 2.5. Tesla already said that for FSD, if they think that HW 2.5 is needed, all 2.0 owners can be upgraded to 2.5 for free. It's just the replacement of the computer behind the glovebox. A design chosen by Tesla so they can replace the onboard computer when needed. So you didn't miss out on 2.5 since it's not a FSD requirement right now. :)

tesla will never offer that for free though.

"...However, we still expect to achieve full self-driving capability with safety more than twice as good as the average human driver without making any hardware changes to HW 2.0. If this does not turn out to be the case, which we think is highly unlikely, we will upgrade customers to the 2.5 computer at no cost..."

Key word is "at no cost".

URL = Tesla has a new Autopilot ‘2.5’ hardware suite with more computing power for autonomous driving

Reactions: Bebop and CameronB
You didn't miss out on HW 2.5. Tesla already said that for FSD, if they think that HW 2.5 is needed, all 2.0 owners can be upgraded to 2.5 for free. It's just the replacement of the computer behind the glovebox. A design chosen by Tesla so they can replace the onboard computer when needed. So you didn't miss out on 2.5 since it's not a FSD requirement right now. :)

Brilliant - good to know and this is what I love about Tesla :)
Although I'm wondering when FSD will be available - from what I've been reading, its nowhere close to being ready for prime time.

Its a lot more than just the ECU. New radar (Continental -- wider and more accurate including pedestrian detection), redundant wiring and other modifications. So its not quite a glovebox swap but maybe the other stuff isn't needed (but why did Tesla replace it then??).

Its a lot more than just the ECU. New radar (Continental -- wider and more accurate including pedestrian detection), redundant wiring and other modifications. So its not quite a glovebox swap but maybe the other stuff isn't needed (but why did Tesla replace it then??).

Can you send us a link to where you had that it's a new radar? Everything that is out there indicates that it's just redundant wiring within the unit that they replace, and no changes in the radars, cameras, etc... Which is why they will be doing it free of charge...

Can you send us a link to where you had that it's a new radar? Everything that is out there indicates that it's just redundant wiring within the unit that they replace, and no changes in the radars, cameras, etc... Which is why they will be doing it free of charge...

Forum searching should be your best friend. HW2.5 capabilities

Feel free to search more for the specifics or just keeping reading that thread. @lunitiks both informs and entertains.

• Love
Reactions: lunitiks
I emailed support through my My Tesla account asked them for the values from the parameters telling you whether or not the car can be uncorked. They then asked me why I wanted those values and I told them and then they told me they couldn't tell me those values but that my car was eligible if I upgraded from a 70 to a 75. I went ahead and did that and now they and my local service center I've been incommunicado for the last 12 days, emailed several times. I'm guessing I've been snookered?

I emailed support through my My Tesla account asked them for the values from the parameters telling you whether or not the car can be uncorked. They then asked me why I wanted those values and I told them and then they told me they couldn't tell me those values but that my car was eligible if I upgraded from a 70 to a 75. I went ahead and did that and now they and my local service center I've been incommunicado for the last 12 days, emailed several times. I'm guessing I've been snookered?

It’s more likely to be poor communications than you not being uncorkable. I’d get on the phone and keep trying until someone answers and get it booked in for the uncorking. If it turns out you can’t be uncorked ask for your upgrading cost back.

ok, so far I got 4,6 on the power tools app. Seems really faster. Feels faster too. What amazes me is that the app says I now have 427 BHP. Is this true? did the uncork upgrade the BHP? I originally had 330 I think?
Will try somewhere soon to do some runs again. I feel it can be better and more towards the 4,2.

ok, so far I got 4,6 on the power tools app. Seems really faster. Feels faster too. What amazes me is that the app says I now have 427 BHP. Is this true? did the uncork upgrade the BHP? I originally had 330 I think?
Will try somewhere soon to do some runs again. I feel it can be better and more towards the 4,2.

The uncorking increases the power, so yes that increases the bhp and kW power output. I would hope you’d get more than that to be honest. For best results make sure the state of charge is 90% or more. Obviously dry and warm conditions are good too, but that’s unlikely at the moment!

After 20 days and three more emails to support and service, I got an email:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla customer support.

I apologize for the delay in response! I have forwarded your request to your local service center in San Rafael for follow up. You will be receiving a contact from service shortly in regards to your uncorking request. Please feel free to contact us directly via phone for a update."

The uncorking increases the power, so yes that increases the bhp and kW power output. I would hope you’d get more than that to be honest. For best results make sure the state of charge is 90% or more. Obviously dry and warm conditions are good too, but that’s unlikely at the moment!
ahhhh. Super that helps. It was evening, cold, low on charge etc etc. I will seek for a good moment to have this done again. Nice!. Thanks again.

Reviving this thread since I can't seem to find a definite/as definite as it can be answer. Apologies in advance if it's buried in this thread somewhere :)

Is there a VIN range or build date that make a 75 uncorkable?
Are both 75s and 75Ds uncorkable or just Ds?

Anything else I should know/ask when looking at an "older" 75 when it comes to uncorking?

Thanks