TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Under cubby light

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by invisik, Mar 31, 2014.

1. invisik

invisik Member

Hi,

It occurred to me this evening why the center console storage area is sooo dark.. it needs a light under the cubby as there is really no other light in that area.

I found many threads about replacing trunk/frunk lights with some brighter aftermarket LED bars. That seems like it cuuld work here--just need to find a wire to splice that connects to the interior lighting (I have premium lighting).

I've had my car for 3 days now and haven't taken anything apart yet. Anyone gotten in around the touchscreen area and know if any appropriate wiring is going through there?

Thanks much.

-m

2. rekoh

rekoh Member

I had thought about a light inside of the cubby.... lots of wire tap options.. should be easy to do.

3. hikerockies

hikerockies Member

Maybe mount this light under the cubby in the back, and then just move your hand close to the edge of cubby to trigger the light. No wiring needed and light will turn off automatically. Just an idea.

4. apvbguy

apvbguy Banned

this is the simplest solution, this unit or the ones sold for closets that you just tap to turn on are the easiest to install

5. invisik

invisik Member

Yeah something like that could work. The motion light is a nice idea. I'll look into that beyond my poking around in the dash. Thanks.

-m