Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Under the seat thingy fell off MX... not sure how to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think one of son's long legged volleyball friends kicked this off. Does anyone know how to replace it. I see the clip holes, but I can't get behind the panel to clip them.

IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 41
It would appear that there must be some sort of knob on the bottom inner edge of the black shiny seat-back shell, onto which the holes in the "thingy" will engage. I suggest that you feel with your fingertips to try to locate any such knobs. If they are still there, then it is likely that the "thingy" needs to be pressed upward and inward until it slips over those retention knobs and they drop into those oddly-shaped holes.

I stopped by a service center during a recent road trip and they said the entire seat will have to be replaced?? Said something about the seats not being serviceable, which seems crazy since it appears to be something that can be snapped back together if you knew how to do it. Replacing the seat is not a very attractive option for me since I had the shiny seat back wrapped and it wasn't cheap!