TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Under the seat thingy fell off MX... not sure how to fix

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by EV-lutioin, Mar 12, 2017.

1. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

I think one of son's long legged volleyball friends kicked this off. Does anyone know how to replace it. I see the clip holes, but I can't get behind the panel to clip them.

IMG_1252.jpg IMG_1251.jpg

Attached Files:

2. CurrentRide

CurrentRide Member

Warranty repair at your local SC?

3. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Yes, I could definitely go that route, but it is kinda a pain with my SC 100 miles away. I was hoping for a quick fix at home. I guess I could schedule a Tesla Ranger come by and look at it.

4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

It would appear that there must be some sort of knob on the bottom inner edge of the black shiny seat-back shell, onto which the holes in the "thingy" will engage. I suggest that you feel with your fingertips to try to locate any such knobs. If they are still there, then it is likely that the "thingy" needs to be pressed upward and inward until it slips over those retention knobs and they drop into those oddly-shaped holes.

5. namluu

namluu Member

I'm sure your son's long legged friend would be happy to take it for you! haha! Sorry to hear that happened :(

6. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

I stopped by a service center during a recent road trip and they said the entire seat will have to be replaced?? Said something about the seats not being serviceable, which seems crazy since it appears to be something that can be snapped back together if you knew how to do it. Replacing the seat is not a very attractive option for me since I had the shiny seat back wrapped and it wasn't cheap!