Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Under trim coming loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where to post this apologize if wrong place.

I have a 21LR M3 and while cleaning it today I noticed the black trim under the rockers on the underside of car next to I assume is the battery has come loose every so slightly.

This seems to be on both sides, the picture may not show it so hope can see. I'm assuming this is another SC appointment

IMG20210721155502.jpg

Not sure where to post this apologize if wrong place.

I have a 21LR M3 and while cleaning it today I noticed the black trim under the rockers on the underside of car next to I assume is the battery has come loose every so slightly.

This seems to be on both sides, the picture may not show it so hope can see. I'm assuming this is another SC appointment

IMG20210721155502.jpg

They are held on with clips that can break. I had to move out of the way for a fire truck last Friday and the curb scraped on one side and busted my clips. My issue isn’t covered under warranty since it was my own fault. It is $325 to replace one side for those wondering. It’s a valuable lesson learned for me. Very LOW clearance. My other vehicle is an F-150 so I don’t usually think about curb height! Thankfully my rims didn’t also scrub.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam