Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

under what condition do you disable autopilot on highway driving in GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,

During the past spring,summer, and now fall I have enabled autopilot driving on HWY 90% of time. Beside occasion phantom braking freaking me out, in general I felt pretty safe enabling autopilot on HWY driving. But as my first winter with winter coming ahead and driving condition worsen, I wonder when should I disable autopilot on HWY driving in GTA to drive safely? Thanks!

hello all,

During the past spring,summer, and now fall I have enabled autopilot driving on HWY 90% of time. Beside occasion phantom braking freaking me out, in general I felt pretty safe enabling autopilot on HWY driving. But as my first winter with winter coming ahead and driving condition worsen, I wonder when should I disable autopilot on HWY driving in GTA to drive safely? Thanks!
Just like you wouldn't use AP in bad weather (heavy rain, fog etc) the same thing applies in the winter - when there's snow on the ground, AP cannot see lane markings, and if heavy snow is falling and visibility is reduced, AP doesn't work so well. Also the proximity sensors can get covered in ice/salt/mud buildup, thereby causing them to be temporarily disabled.

Reactions: MrShakeHands